Three Months With New FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travel_man

Greg Rice
Reaction score
I have had my new 2018 FJR A Model for 3 months now and I have 10,400 miles on the clock so we are getting acquainted. I rode a couple BBG's and many other LD type rides as I work to get comfortable.

My AUX tank setup ( other message thread ) is working well and the air deflectors I installed along with dense foam in places like the fort tunnel has made the FJR better for wind and weather protection.

I am still trying to work out the risers and seat. I installed the Helibar risers and a Sargent seat in the first week but I am still a not happy with the setup. I need the bars back another inch.

Farkles installed.

Clearwater Sevina's
R-Gaza Engine guards
R-Gaza Saddlebag guards
Garauld Hydration system
Michelin Road 5 GT Tire - front
Car tire - rear
90 degree Metal valve stems
TPMS
AUX tank
Aux tank plumbing
Modified Aeroflow BMW RT airwings to fit FJR
Barkbuster handguards
Hyperlights
Helibar risers
Puig Touring Windscreen
MRA X-Creen Screen
Cox radiator guard
Grip Puppies
Bryden Scott dash shelf
Saeng Quickscan mirrors
Givi top box V47
Sargent seat
RKA tank bag
Real Time Industries full reflective kit

Nice list of farkles!  You will have to do an article (with photos) of all your mods!  You have certainly embraced the new platform.

There are a variety of risers and bridges for improving handlebar ergos but the most interesting I have seen is the setup in the following thread:  Some pretty good details in here and highly recommended by those who have done it.  Worth a look.

Greg, Since you changed to the Sargent seat, is it possible that is what moved you back a little?

They may have a 'closer to the tank ' option instead of pulling the bars back further. 

The other option is a custom seat build (I have a BMS) that will bring you where you want to be.

Greg, Since you changed to the Sargent seat, is it possible that is what moved you back a little?

They may have a 'closer to the tank ' option instead of pulling the bars back further. 

The other option is a custom seat build (I have a BMS) that will bring you where you want to be.
It is possible the seat moved me back some. I am probably going to have a Russell made that will bring me closer to the bars.

I never transferred my Bryden/Scott Cathey dash shelf to the 2018. I still miss it a little. Great info. Reminds me I have to settle on a mirror solution. I see nothing in mine. 

Latest posts