• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set I am about to pull off. the are polished. The right one is scraped due to a dumbass parking to close to me but everything works great. I am about to replace them with a Vista cruise unit.

Jake

Vista? Really? From reading all the posts, members seems very happy with the Thmstr. What's the big diff? Seems like it's a real PIA to install with heated grips. I've got an '08 A.

Tks for any info you may have.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vista can be set much smoother. You just lift your thumb and lock it. The TM you have to take your hands off the grips so now you start slowing down them you lock down the TM which kicks you back on the throttle. After that its no big deal and it works fine. But next time you are riding your bike at about 70 just let get of your throttle for about a second and get back on it. If all that jerking around does not bother you than the TM is for you. I just don't care for it.

Jake

Vista? Really? From reading all the posts, members seems very happy with the Thmstr. What's the big diff? Seems like it's a real PIA to install with heated grips. I've got an '08 A.

Tks for any info you may have.
Agree with Jake (and others) completely. The TM looks great! No doubt about that.

But in practical use, don't care for it. The Vista, as said, just your thumb engages and disengages it. You don't have to change your speed one iota. You can flick it on and off in a second, even use it in traffic, shake your hand to get feeling back, flick, it's off.

Does it work with heated grips? I don't know. I'm guessing the wires of the grips would be underneath the part of the Vista that clamps onto the throttle tube. Can't see why one couldn't drill a hole in the Vista and slip the wires through there?