Time for a new mistress

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful bike. Congrats!

I had both once upon a time too. And I loved both. Selling the Tenere was a financial decision. I literally could not decide which to sell so I had both for sale. The Tenere ultimately was the one to go. But I'd love another and have often considered just plain switching.

After 3 years I keep wondering if I'm ready for a permanent move from the FJR. So far, the answer is no, mostly because I can't come up with a suitable replacement no matter how hard I try. Everything I want would make a good "in addition to" rather than "instead of." But the Tenere probably is at the top if the list of potentials for the latter category!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Tenere. When I hit a deer with my 2012 I was buying a replacement Tenere as soon as I was able to hobble into the show room. If and when the 700 Tenere arrives that may be tempting since I've really been trending over to more dirt based rides on the Tenere.

That's why I have 10 bikes...
whistle.gif
Is that counting the three in my shop or just what is at your house???
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
Like!

Abercrombie FJR posted ... If and when the 700 Tenere arrives that may be tempting since I've really been trending over to more dirt based rides on the Tenere.
Me, too. A 700cc version would be perfect for hauling a picnic lunch along a day's worth of National Forest roads.