Titanium Rotor Bolts-torque Values

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
Are the torque values for titanium bolts the same as stock? I'm using the tasty nuts product to mount new Galfer rotors. :eek:

Are the torque values for titanium bolts the same as stock? I'm using the tasty nuts product to mount new Galfer rotors. :eek:
Yes, they are identical..... ~ 13ft-lbs, IIRC. (Probably oughta check that value in the Manual first.....)

Thanks Warchild!!

Is it your understanding that a modest amount of shudder/vibration is common on wave-type rotors? I have some and the factory guy said yes. And, oddly, he said make sure the front rotors are mount in an offset manor. After looking at it, the geometry of the bolt holes on this rotor makes that impossible. They have to be mounted such that the wave pattern in identically aligned left and right!!!

Is it your understanding that a modest amount of shudder/vibration is common on wave-type rotors?
True, for the Galfer Waves, it is not uncommon to fell a pinch of shuddering under the right conditions.

However, I have yet to feel any of this shuddering on the ABM rotors from Spiegler, either the semi-floating type on my Blackbird, or more recently, the full-floating ABM rotors I installed on the R1. So....
shrug.gif

Ooooo. Now that's a thought. Does that create problems with the pads? Will they have a wear pattern attributable to a rotor type or can I switchaway? I'm having a dealer install the ones purchased in the recent GB.

Mogan-

Hang in there, the shudder will go away after a short time. Be gentle on them for 200-300 miles, then steadily increase braking force. Maximize force at 500 miles. By 1000-1200 miles, the shudder will be 99% gone, only slightly pulsing at 1-3mph. This is my experience, YMMV.

I have about 16K on them and also noted the shudder until fully broken in.

Warchild-In your opinion, which rotor do you believe gives best performance increase? Also FYI, the pads than come with galfers are OK, but their sintered option really cranks it up a notch. May want to try them or an HH+ option sometime for maximum benefit??