To sell loaded or stock? 2004 value

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinibob

Reaction score
Well boys and girls it's time to turn the page in my book of riding and sell my 2004 FJR.

But I have installed a fair amount of goodies in the years I have had her so my ? Is am I better off striping it down to stock or leaving it loaded with taink bag new rack backrest... Help me out I gotta post it fore sale tonight.

Thanks all I have loved being a member of this board for soo long!

And yes it I strip her you will have first crack at the goodies and the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally, you get more money back by selling the farkles separately. The question is whether it's worth the labor, separate ads, emails, and shipping to you.

I would also say it varies by individual farkle. Some are more hassle to remove than they are worth. Others that are easily removed can be offered to the bike buyer separately.

Geez Bob hate to see this.. What direction are ya headed now? Still going to ride right?

I dunno? Maybe remove some of the easier one's.. Seat, light's, backrest.. And sell with some of the more difficult to remove..

:jester:

Geez Trini,

...if you've got the time and inclination, strip the farkles and sell separately.

I hate to see you leave...but I understand if ya gotta.

Here's my pic of you at the 2005 CFO...

w9.jpg

Pictures of our riding group during that hot day when it was 90F by 9am...

fjrchooser, trinibob, escapefjrtist, and me (onedriver took the picture)

w6.jpg

For more of a blast from the past from that CFO...clicky HERE

sorry to see you go big guy...you even had your own smiley named after you... :trinibob:

Geez Bob hate to see this.. What direction are ya headed now? Still going to ride right?I dunno? Maybe remove some of the easier one's.. Seat, light's, backrest.. And sell with some of the more difficult to remove..

:jester:
Yea I will ride agian prob a Fjr but that bike hasn't seen 2000 miles in the last two years she deserves better!!!

I drive a work truck all week and weekends we always have three or more so what's a guy to do??

I think what's going to happen is I'm going to leave it as is and who ever buys it will get a smoking deal!!!

Sooo let the PM,S begin!

Generally, you get more money back by selling the farkles separately. The question is whether it's worth the labor, separate ads, emails, and shipping to you.
+1

As to the second sentence, I think Fred W nailed it, but for the most part, you'll make next to nothing on most installed farkles.

If you're gonna ride again at some point, esp if it's a FJR, I'd think about pulling your farkles off as you may want them again. You'd just have to buy them all over.

IMO, you'd never get the value of the farkles back if you sold on the bike, but it may make it easier to sell the bike in the first place, so you just have to figure out if it's a good trade off.

If you're gonna ride again at some point, esp if it's a FJR, I'd think about pulling your farkles off as you may want them again. You'd just have to buy them all over.

IMO, you'd never get the value of the farkles back if you sold on the bike, but it may make it easier to sell the bike in the first place, so you just have to figure out if it's a good trade off.

wow them picks bring back memories hard to belive im 90 lbs lighter!!

well boys I will have this bike posted tonight here for sale middle of nada value stock but with all Farkles included!!!

tell your friends in michigan that a deal is about to be had!

390349233.jpg

390349216.jpg

You've gotten a good 6 or 7 years (if you bought new) out of your FJR; pass along 'some of the love' and sell with the farkles. Buying an older bike will surely 'move' quicker if it already has all the right stuff (plus it should sell quicker). If you need the last cent possible, then perhaps, selling equipment separately may yield a few extra sheckles. Is it worth it to you to do the disassembly, separate listings , multiple sales transactions, or, you could just give a fellow biker (probably a cash strapped individual (he/she's buying used afterall) a break.

Strip it. Farkles on a used bike tend to add ZERO to the resale value unless you find a special buyer. Farkles can bring (up to) $0.50 on the dollar on the used market. The latter is worth more. The former is why farkles are best made with an eye to undoing them later.

Say it ain't so trini! Sorry to see you go, hope you get another FJR in the future. Wheatie definitely stirs some memories from the first CFO with the pics and thread. Gawd it was hot!

--G

Take the farkles off and use them for leverage when negoicating with a prospective buyer. If they offer you too far below your asking price offer them all the farkles ($1000 or whatever they sell for at retail) if they get closer to your asking price for the bike.