Too Many Things Not Working!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only accessories that were added were the GPS (direct wired to battery so stays on when I stop for gas) and the MotoLites, direct to the battery (with a fuse of course) and the relay to a spare fuse. Since the MotoLites stayed on, that connection was not the problem. Replaced the 15A fuse in the Signalling System with a 10A and have had no problem since, although we've only done a few hundred miles since then.

I'd like to hook the MotoLites relay to something that is only on with the engine running but haven't taken the time to chase that down. Back problems and a problem getting a crown replaced really cut into the riding so that's been the focus.

If that's the case, then it could be an intermittently faulty horn or brake light bulb, or the original fuse was bad. Keep your fingers crossed and a spare fuse on hand. ;)

Hey K_Flyer, since I knew you were one of the few around here senior to me, I worried when I saw your thread title. Relieved to find you were only referring to your motorcycle, at least.

Good luck.

Hey K_Flyer, since I knew you were one of the few around here senior to me, I worried when I saw your thread title. Relieved to find you were only referring to your motorcycle, at least.
Good luck.
That post was referring to the FJR but applies to me as well. However, since this is not a geriatric forum, I didn't think it was appropriate to post that part here. ;-)

Morning K_Flyer, Back problems? Get yourself a tilt table and spend about 30 minutes a day partially (about 60 degrees) inverted and feel better.
smile.png
This from a fellow geriatric.

Glad you got your power problems sorted out. Yes, it seems finding a Yamaha dealer that's familiar enough with the FJR to be dangerous is not easy. I don't need dealer assist but have done some looking in case the day ever comes and no luck. This would be a definite negative if I ever bought a new FJR with a warrantee which definitely isn't in the cards.

Back problems were from age-inappropriate behavior. No longer a problem. Now that I'm retired, I could not find 30 minutes a day to hang inverted!

Best stick to FJR technical issues or we will get this thread bumped to NEPRT!