Trust Fund for Andrew

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of you that donated money, THANK YOU! I'll post pictures of the service in the "ride to Andrew's service" thread when I get home tomorrow. I forgot my USB cable to transfer the pictures.

The first thing our donation fund paid for was a beautiful flower arrangement that was prevalent at the service.

I presented the money to the family, and I have to tell you, that is not an easy task. I gathered the kids, who have never met me before, and with heartfelt sorrow, expressed our gratitude at getting to know their dad and told them how sorry I was for their loss.

I also presented a check to Andrew's brother, Graham to pay for the complete services. The venue, Mt Vernon Mortuary, was a beautiful place. And the service was well done. During some of the stories, there was a lot of laughter, and an incredible amount of tears. There is no expressing to the family of a loved one how sorry you are for their loss.

Finally, I presented the remaining donations to Sherri. The pain in her eyes is immense. This is the second time I have met her, and I hope not the last. Recovering from the loss of a spouse is almost as traumatic as the loss of a child. I wish you well, WE wish you well!

For those of you wondering, we paid for the funeral services and divided the remaining money up among the family and kids. The reception that was put on by Donna, Sherri's friend, was paid for by donations that were received directly to them. Their names will be added to the final donor list,.

Just a last note on this thread that Ponyfool opened up his PayPal account to me to do an audit. I just wanted to report back that besides finding the obvious that you all are some seriously generous folks.....all the accounting he did in the beginning and through this thread was spot on.

I'm not an accountant or anything, but I think the line would go something like this:

In my opinion, based on our Ponyfool's statements about funds dispersal and review of the PayPal account present fairly, in all material respects, the activities of providing a trust fund to aid in Andrew's funeral expenses, help Andrew's family, and help express the FJRForum's condolences.
Thanks Ponyfool and FJRForum. :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.