Two Brothers M-5 and M-2 Post Pic's of mounted on bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the M-5 in Carbon Fiber.

fjrrrr039.jpg

fjrrrr042.jpg

Check out the Staintunes <staintune.com.au> Very nicely made, all stainless, great sound (baffles in or out), light weight, never need re-packing, and look really good (especially on the black color years). My next farkle?

pete

Those pipes look good. That's one nice looking farkled machine. Off topic, but what kind of lights and brackets do you have on the front aux. lights. I've been looking for something about that size.

Those pipes look good. That's one nice looking farkled machine. Off topic, but what kind of lights and brackets do you have on the front aux. lights. I've been looking for something about that size.
Thanks and the lights are from Martin Fabrication. They are just the standard H3 Halogens although they also make an HID kit. Here's the link to their site.

Martin Fabrication

Curious, what changes you have noticed since going to the aftermarket mufflers? Did you have to do any remapping once they were installed.

Thanks,

Keith

Curious, what changes you have noticed since going to the aftermarket mufflers? Did you have to do any remapping once they were installed.
Thanks,

Keith
The changes I have noticed are all subjective. I just liked the looks of the pipes and the bike feels like it has more soul now between the sound and rumble of the pipes. As far as actual changes I have noticed nothing. I did not re-map nor do I plan to.

Thanks,

Keith
The changes I have noticed are all subjective. I just liked the looks of the pipes and the bike feels like it has more soul now between the sound and rumble of the pipes. As far as actual changes I have noticed nothing. I did not re-map nor do I plan to.
+1

Pic's are very deceiving when viewing the M-5 and M-2. On the M-5 we are talking about approximately one inch taller and a quarter inch wider right? On the M-5 do you have any problems with your riders shoes touching the pipe? In the pic's the M-5 already looks a little narrow do the M-2 look to narrow when viewing from the rear? I realize this is all preference but fire away Pic's of all views of the M-2 Would be welcome Thank You Judd

Pic's are very deceiving when viewing the M-5 and M-2. On the M-5 we are talking about approximately one inch taller and a quarter inch wider right? On the M-5 do you have any problems with your riders shoes touching the pipe? In the pic's the M-5 already looks a little narrow do the M-2 look to narrow when viewing from the rear? I realize this is all preference but fire away Pic's of all views of the M-2 Would be welcome Thank You Judd

I too am trying to decide. My same thoughts apply and is there any problem with the bags hitting the pipes?

I too am trying to decide. My same thoughts apply and is there any problem with the bags hitting the pipes?
The M-5's are definitely closer to the bags than the stock pipes but at least as far as the carbon fiber pipes go they don't get very hot at all in fact they just get a little warm. I wouldn't expect the clearance to be any different with the M-2's though even though they are not as tall as the M-5's the top of them would still be the same distance from the bag assuming the bracket dimensions from the mounting point to the top of the pipe is the same. In other words, the bottom of the M-2's would be a little higher off the ground but the tops would be the same as the M-5's if you think about it.

is anyone with these pipes using a power commander?

I just installed mine last night and need a map. BIG TIME. No bottom end and gas mileage in the 20s.

Im running a power commander, kn filter and obviously the two brothers slip ons.

The pipes look awesome on your bike I have an 07 and can't make up my mind M2 or M5.Carbonfiber or titainium.Help me out. Could you post a soundbite I would love to here them.

If I had your color bike I would go with titanium. I only got black because my bike is black. Soundbyte...er....I wouldn't have a clue how to do that and I doubt that it would be a very good representation of the sound anyhow. I'm right over the border from NJ though from either Route 22 or 78 so if you're up this way I would be happy to meet up somewhere and you could hear the pipes in person.