Two Brothers M-5 and M-2 Post Pic's of mounted on bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is anyone with these pipes using a power commander?
I just installed mine last night and need a map. BIG TIME. No bottom end and gas mileage in the 20s.

Im running a power commander, kn filter and obviously the two brothers slip ons.
Must be summin else mate, I have M5s with home spun decibel arrestors to keep it sensibly loud, no mapping no nuttin . I have noticed maybe 10 or so kms less per tank of fuel but that could be the difference between hooning and cruising :rolleyes:

Mine are the Aluminium cans and they do sit closer to the bags than a stock pipe but they don't seem to put any extra heat into the bags even when commuting. :)

Heres a dyno read out :- https://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Dyno_C...yama_fj1300.pdf

Sound file an Video of mine here

.. Somewhere on one of the FJR forums is a comparison chart so you can hear em all one after the other but I cant find it,,,bugga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the Staintunes <staintune.com.au> Very nicely made, all stainless, great sound (baffles in or out), light weight, never need re-packing, and look really good (especially on the black color years). My next farkle?
pete
I just installed a set of Staintunes on my black 08 and they are the cat's meow and if you didn't know better you would think they were stock.....until you start the engine, how sweet it is.

They bolt on like stock and fit like a glove but weigh 4 lbs. per side less than the stockers and don't have cat's like my 08 mufflers did.

They bolt on like stock and fit like a glove but weigh 4 lbs. per side less than the stockers and don't have cat's like my 08 mufflers did.
Completely new, and I believe incorrect, info here....every other model FJR has its cats in the crossover under the motor, where the 4 headpipes enter and 2 midpipes leave, where you installed your slip-ons.

See HERE.

And it's an '08 like yours.

Muzzy,, Lighter.. and when you wad the bike up you only ruin one can.. I know
Cdog,

Not all of us try to work our bikes into a Cirque du Soleil performance like you do.

Mad props to ya, though. :p

BTW, did Muzzy fix that grounding the midpipe issue?

Howie..

They fixed it and it works well as long as you dont allow the tires to lose contact with the roadway.. Once the side bags touch down and are torn off from impact all bets are off. I found I had more grinding marks specifically when the right once was torn off.. The left one was not as critical to protecting the pipe since it was not on that side of the bike..

I would not hesitate to re-muzzy another FJR.. I loved the pipe

do you have to install a power commander with the muzzy system?

Howie..
They fixed it and it works well as long as you dont allow the tires to lose contact with the roadway.. Once the side bags touch down and are torn off from impact all bets are off. I found I had more grinding marks specifically when the right once was torn off.. The left one was not as critical to protecting the pipe since it was not on that side of the bike..

do you have to install a power commander with the muzzy system?

Howie..

I did, But no you do not have to.