Two Brothers Pipe Debacle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Reaction score
I just recently bought a new bike, last month.

First thing I wanted to do was purchase an aftermarket exhaust.

I did some research, and even posted here. After some decisionmaking, I decided to buy a TWO BROS. Carbon Fiber exhaust for my FJR.

I telephoned them, and ordered the cans for $865, directly from TWO BROS. They assured me I would have them in two days.

Well two days elapsed, and no exhaust. I called them up and they told me the pipes had to be manufactured first, and that there was a 3 week wait. At this point, I decided to cancel the order. I still wanted those pipes, so I called around to authorized TWO BROS dealers and found a place that claimed to be able to get them in 1 day. I told them the story I got from the manufacturer about being back ordered, and this guy said he just talked to them and said he could get them. I told him I would call back.

So, I call TWO BROS back and talk to another person. I ask them if they have any FJR pipes in stock (this was a different person other than the person who took my initial order) They say sure, we can get you them out today and you'll have them tomorrow. So I ask him to verify. Guy comes back and said yes. So I say reinstate my original order.

Day later, no pipes. So I call back and talk to a rep and explain my story. Guy says the pipes are backordered, and that it was his first day so he wasn't sure. I ask him to cancel the order a SECOND TIME. No problem.

At this point I order a set of STAINTUNES and get them next day, no problem from another Cali dealer.

A week or so goes by and I get a box at work from TWO BROS. It's my original order that was never cancelled. I was like WTF.

So I open up the box to check out the pipes because I wanted to see what they look like. Nice pipes, but the STAINTUNES are much better IMHO. I box them back up and call TWO BROS explaining that I need an RMA.

Call up and I get attitude. They questioned me about what happened and I tell them everything. After some BS the guy Shawn issues me an RMA and I ship them back UPS insured.

A couple days pass and I don't see a credit on my card, so I call them back.

Shawn gets on the phone after one of their reps can't explain things and berates me asking me "Why did you open the box?" and that "There are holes in your story about your cancelled order" At this point it took EVERY THREAD OF PATIENCE to not flip out on this guy. I told him that I placed an order, the pipes were back ordered, I cancelled the pipes because of this and sent them back with YOUR RMA. Guy tells me again I don't believe you, why did you open the box. He also tells me the credit will "take awhile because I have to get accounting in the loop about this"

I figure that I will break it down another way rather than asking for a supe, or really laying into this guy.

I tell him what company I work for.

I tell him that there are many people here who make a lot of money that ride motorcycles, and that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE one or two or TEN of these people wanted to look at the pipes because they were interested in the product, and might purchase from them, even though I didn't want them, and ORIGINALLY CANCELLED MY ORDER NOT EXPECTING THEM TO SHOW UP.

What kind of customer service is this?

I under stand the shipping mess up, but to QUESTION me and say my story has holes in it due to them shipping out, and BILLING ME for a cancelled order?? WTF is that.

The units went back BRAND NEW, never fitted, and only one pipe was out of the box to inspect them because I and others were curious about how they looked.

I will NEVER ORDER a product from these assholes ever again, and I don't recommend them either, based on how I was treated.

I seem to recall that Warchild has some interesting Two Bros. history... maybe he'll care to give us some more insight into their activities....

Meanwhile, thanks to their outstanding customer-oriented attitude, the 2 Bros got themselves a heck of a rep on the FJR Forum.

I wonder how many of our ridin buddies will think twice before ordering from them.

(Galfer memories spring to mind... :angry: )

Stef

I seem to remember this issue being discussed before. Not the same circumstances exactly, but primarily that the Two Bros pipes were sweet, but that customer service sucked moist &$% cheese if you ever needed it. I think that you will find that among this group, the Staintunes & Holeshots have been crowd favorites and recently the LeoVince and Blue Flames have been gaining popularity. I personally :wub: my Staintunes

The Staintunes are gorgeous pipes with the added benefit of never having to repack them. I was leaning towards purchasing them until I saw the FJR with the Blue Flames on it.

I am going to wait to this fall to get new pipes. I want to see what Holeshots full system looks and sounds like.

I don't think I'll bother going into all the BULLSHIT HORSECOCK history that TwoBros is famous for. Their product is crap. Looks shiny and pretty when new, but they are basically dung-on-a-stick. The fit is frequency crap, and they are prone to corrosion to an unbelieveable degree.

Its their business ethics that suck curdled ass-cheese. This story of their non-exisitant customer service is simply another example of their daily practice. You did well to not put their shit-pipes on your FJR.

TwoBros are a bunch of
asshat.gif
's

Last edited by a moderator:
Two Bros. "customer service" isn't just something that just went bad recently. They've had a bad rep in the M/C industry for several years for having a poor product and bad customer relations.

Come on, don't hold back Dale... let us know what you really think.... :shock: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your issues XJRGUY. Maybe someone should send TB an email with these comments pasted in it. Doesn't really matter though. It sounds to me like they ruined any chance of business with readers of this site - at least that's what I would hope for - VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!

As far as the Leo Vince pipes, I just received mine yesterday for my 05 FJR. I briefly looked them over (too tired after returning from Moto GP at Laguna Seca) and found a spring missing. I also think there are other parts missing, but will look closer this evening and report back. Quality of the pipes and can (carbon) is so-so, certainly not up to Akropovic or Yoshimura standards.

I have yet to hear a bad word on this site about the Holeshots or Stayintune's; in fact they both have received high praise. I'm sure that has generated sales for both companies, something TB just doesn't seem to get. Again - VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!

Yeah I am still waiting for the credit to appear on my Disco card after 3 phone calls to them.

So why not just call the credit card company and tell them the story? I had a problem with a vendor last year and called the credit card company the same afternoon I tried to cancel my back-ordered order... they immediately called the company and the charges were reversed within hours.

Let Discover lean on 2Bros.

That's my 2¢ worth.

When Kevin and Craig Erion (the 2 brother that originally made up Two Brothers) ran the business together, things were pretty good. When they split and Kevin left to form Erion Racing, they went downhill quick.

So why not just call the credit card company and tell them the story?
I worked for a credit card company for the past 10 1/2 years and can tell you to dispute the charges. If you had used MC or Visa, I could quote you chapter and verse what they need from you, and what thier legal obligations are. But, you went with Discover so I'm not sure of thier exact rules.

At the least, give them a call and tell them you'd like to dispute the charge. They will either take your info over the phone, or send you an afidavit to fill out and return. Either way, they are requied to 'suspend' the charge until the dispute is settled. And by suspend, I mean, you don't have to pay it, and it won't accrue any interest.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I too had comtemplated ordering a pipe system from them but read just too many horror stories. I passed on the TBR and glad I did.

So why not just call the credit card company and tell them the story?
I worked for a credit card company for the past 10 1/2 years and can tell you to dispute the charges. If you had used MC or Visa, I could quote you chapter and verse what they need from you, and what thier legal obligations are. But, you went with Discover so I'm not sure of thier exact rules.

At the least, give them a call and tell them you'd like to dispute the charge. They will either take your info over the phone, or send you an afidavit to fill out and return. Either way, they are requied to 'suspend' the charge until the dispute is settled. And by suspend, I mean, you don't have to pay it, and it won't accrue any interest.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Discover took care of business and I got my credit ASAP. Two Bros. followed up with just an invoice showing the credit on their end.

End of Story.

Will never attempt any sort of purchase from those bozos again.