Uncool on Vancouver Island

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Saanich RCMP are looking for this idiot. Hopefully, they'll get a lucky break and nail his ass to the wall.
+1

I got my first ride in Victoria, and over the years rode a variety of bikes, (including an XS-11), up and down Vancouver Island, frequently along that section of highway, learning to avoid some of the worst cage drivers you'll ever see -- octogenarian tourists driving motorhomes, etc.

Over the years, I lost a few careful, reasonably sensible riding buds to stupid/drunk/careless cagers, so watching that twerp push waaay past the line both saddened and angered me.

I hope the Queen's Cowboys tase him :angry:

Is this an R1?
Man, talk about flickable! ...and putting a lot of faith in other drivers.

I don't know if it's an R1, but I know it's not an FJR a Harley. :huh:

strikes me as stupid.

...and that brake fluid is looking a little dark.
Not because of overuse.

But, because of the increase in hits from this link, he'll assume it's cool and make more videos.
A few, maybe. <_<

He won't be able to sell the bike to make bail, it will be confiscated. Look for it at auction.

What pisses me off about this is lumping all of us into this category, just because we ride. They throw this vid out there, and the perception is that we all should be put in a deep dark hole and the key should be tossed into a volcano.

Yet vids of the same behavior by people behind steering wheels bring the responses of "That dude's crazy!" or "Geez, get him off the street already." But never do you hear about ALL drivers, or even all Corvette owners, or all Ferrari owners, being lumped into that category....

But a motorcycle does it, and it's the bike's fault. Get rid of the bikes!!!!

It's a perception issue that's as old as motorcycles themselves, that I wish we could address better than we're doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a jackass! Which makes me think it's a guy named Dean from Comox. "Racer62" on youtube. Thinks the road to Mt. Washington is his personal race track, and that the Province should build him a track if they don't want him doing these speeds on public roads. He's an f'n moron; capital "M". Whomever it is, I hope they nail his scrotum to the wall; dipshit.

As for folks that park in the left lane? Yep......it's a hwy phenomenon that occurs between Nanaimo and Victoria. I think too many senior citizens live on this end of the Island

As I understand it, the $1500 was the fine his mom got (she's the registered owner of the vehicle). He's got something like 27 traffic offences on his sheet, and they are trying to get a criminal charge on him. I hope they're successful.

The locatiion indicated in the CBC story makes this much worse. The originally stated location was much farther north, in a not very densely populated area. The actual location is very densely populated (at least for Vancouver Island) and those intersections he was blasting through carry a lot of traffic.

While there are some normal highway type interchanges on that section of road, in many of the places on that video that you see more than two lanes in a direction, those are left turn/ right entrance lanes at cross roads. People are either slowing down from about 75-90KPH to make turns or entering the road and accelerating up to speed. Even when everyone is paying attention and acting rationally, that piece of road can be a real challenge.

As I understand it, the $1500 was the fine his mom got (she's the registered owner of the vehicle). He's got something like 27 traffic offences on his sheet, and they are trying to get a criminal charge on him. I hope they're successful.
Unfortunately, he might get away with it! Without direct evidence, they won't be able to prove that he was the rider. Sort of like traffic camera infractions - they can prove the vehicle on the basis of the plate but (usually) cannot positively identify the driver. I hope they can get acceptable testimony from a witness! With any luck, the dickwad bragged about his exploits to the wrong person.

Since it is indeed our FJR Forum Dogpile Friday, I have to present a different opinion! He may be an asshat, but: It's not like he set the downtown district of the largest city in British Columbia on fire, like those deadbeat wierdo Vancouver Canucks Fans did! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

ap_vancouver_riots_110616_wg.jpg

hmmmm.....

Not sure they got there man.

Could it be Johny80's splitting lanes on I-5?
Roy Bro', if there was a pizza/pasta parlor at Millstream exit I KNOW damn good and well that was indeed our Paisano johnny80s! Or maybe John Boy really had to poop! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

DSC8588-XL.jpg

Just an update.... :angry2:

Saanich Police have now seized the R1 thanks to tips phoned into the police. The mother is the registered owner, but police believe her 'jerk of a son' was driving. His record for driving violations is horrendous , but without further evidence, all charges have beeen laid against the mother as the "registered owner".

Just an update.... :angry2:

Saanich Police have now seized the R1 thanks to tips phoned into the police. The mother is the registered owner, but police believe her 'jerk of a son' was driving. His record for driving violations is horrendous , but without further evidence, all charges have beeen laid against the mother as the "registered owner".

I see...they're twisting her nipples until she screams out her son's name. Good tactic.

Latest posts