• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Update - Doug Hines 2006 Handlebar Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first 30 sets of risers have been shipped and everyone should be getting them by Thursday or Friday of this week. I have ask for feedback on how their installs went and will keep you updated, particulary with the fact or fiction that Yamaha's handlebar cables vary in length. With the exception of Don Carver who's email address I could not find, if you did not get an email saying your risers were shipped, you did not make it in the first 30 and I will be contacting you via email.
Around June 1, I posted here and other FJR forums that I was honoring my posted price of $119 for the first 30 even though I was not making money on them and after that I was not sure what the price was going to be. Well, I never got my price down from the machine shops so I had to go up on price. The new price is $139 + $8 shipping in the USA and $18 shipping elsewhere. Add $5 additional if you pay with PayPal. You can see details at website:

https://www.geocities.com/drhines/FJR1300Risers.html

I am hoping to be able to ship another batch of 30 sets of risers out around July 5th.

Doug Hines

Doug

i got my risers today. took longer to gather the tools, than to install the risers! they went on in abut 10 min.

i had no trouble with the cable length! :)

i rode about 5 mi. and they seem like they will do the trick for me! Will know tomorrow doing, a 200 mi RTE.

thanks for the great service

randy

I put the risers on tonight. It probably took me about 15-20 minutes, but I was pretty pokey. I had a little trouble with the cable lengths - it was a little challenging to get the handlebar over the extended stud.

That said, I really really like them! I test rode for about 20 minutes and found them very comfortable! When I first saw the pictures, I thought they might be too high, but they are just right in my opinion.

Don

Got my Doug Hines risers installed last Friday. Very clean. Detailed instructions, machining is nice, work as advertised! I had ample cable/hose lenght which frankly suprised me.

No miles ridden yet; bike in shop for service today. First ride mananna.

Nice job Mr. Hines.

Update: As of today, July 4, 2006, I am completely sold out of Version 3 risers for the 2006 FJR for the July 6th shipment date. I am having 20 more sets made while I am on my bike trip for the rest of July and should be able to send out more risers around the 1st week of August. If you want to get on the waiting list you may send payment while I am gone and will notify you upon my return.

Doug Hines

the big problem I see with these handlebar risers is this:

Once they are installed.... it doesn't seem like the bikes ever go for rides any more.

or

once installed -- the riders never come back and tell us how they were.

what gives?

the big problem I see with these handlebar risers is this:Once they are installed.... it doesn't seem like the bikes ever go for rides any more.

or

once installed -- the riders never come back and tell us how they were.

what gives?
Made a post somewhere about these but can't seem to locate it. But the Doug Hines risers are worth it to me because of my physical problem ie. arthritis of the spine and neck which has limited the mobility of my neck and the risers really help by putting me in a more up position so I can see better. Also the bars are able to still utilize the rear position for the 06 but the good part for me or anyone is there is still more adjustment in the bars by design that allow you to widen the bars while still in the back position for even more control of the bike. The stock rear position was too narrow between bars but has now been eliminated. The only problem is the windshield is now a little lower but that was a problem to begin with. This may not be a problem for some but I had planned to replace the window with the larger Yamaha unit before the risers anyway. The cut, fit, and finish were top notch with the powder coat a shade darker than the bars but I like the contrast. Instructions were spot on. Install was real easy but just to make sure the cables especially on the throttle side are routed properly through the guide ring on the bar, ie, my cables were near the maximum but not being a problem. You will have to streach them a bit to get them on the blocks but not a issue. I'm sure some cables differ on other bikes. Hope this helped. PM. <>< :dirol:

Got the risers for my '06 today, installed them and they are PERFECT! Just what I needed to make this bike even better. Doug, you get the BadCat good product award!!! :yahoo:

Burk