Upgrade to my service manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graler

Reaction score
My service manual is brand spanking new. I opened it up to look up some info. The binding cracked and pages are starting to fall out. WTH this was expensive.

My Solution:

Took it to Office Max. Had it spiral bound. Yeah baby! Now it lays flat. One small issue. We couldn't bind it as a single book (too many pages). I broke it into two pieces. The first book is all of mechanical stull up thru section 7. The second section is mostly electrical section 8 thru the end.

Cost to bind it. <$10

Sweet.

My service manual is brand spanking new. I opened it up to look up some info. The binding cracked and pages are starting to fall out. WTH this was expensive.

My Solution:

Took it to Office Max. Had it spiral bound. Yeah baby! Now it lays flat. One small issue. We couldn't bind it as a single book (too many pages). I broke it into two pieces. The first book is all of mechanical stull up thru section 7. The second section is mostly electrical section 8 thru the end.

Cost to bind it. <$10

Sweet.
A lifetime ago, before I got my grownup job, I worked for Kinko's. We used to do small binding jobs like this. Wire spirals and a plastic spiral...not sure anymore what the name is.

The point is that the bindings we used there ran from very thin (a few pages) to ginormous (think phone book). Saw off the end, drill the holes and pop the binding on. So if you're interested in having this manual done as one single unit, you may want to try Kinko's if there's one close. Even after FedEx got in the picture, I can only assume they still do that kind of work.

The coolest part is that it lays open flat. No pages flipping closed. I don't mind having the two seperate books. It is actually convenient to have the sparky stuff in a different section than the wrenching stuff. No rebinding necessary.

I bought my manual off of craigslist from a guy who said it was 'original' and legit. I show up and it is 3 hole punched in a binder. Eh, for $30 I took it.