V-Stream Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm too stupid to get my feelings hurt....I'm not sensitive so I guess I will be bringing the beer! But I have been around that type before and I can ignore them.....after 30+ yrs of riding I've met all kinds. Hell you ought to meet the people who have been riding HD's for 3-5 yrs...or BMW riders when they look down their noses at other brands. Thing is...I ride them all and don't care!

Rexford
I'm also considering the V Stream. I recently added the Baker wings and wonder how they will work in combination with the V Stream.
I am almost skeered to ask what the heck a baker wings is...... :glare:

...I am almost skeered to ask what the heck a baker wings is...... :glare:
:D :D :D

They are plastic doohickeys that mount to the side of the front fairing. They pivot and will either deflect air IN to the rider in hot weather, or deflect air AWAY from the rider in cold weather.

I read this on the forum a few years back. I was too scared to ask a question though. Good for you...keep asking questions, but DEFINITELY help yourself by getting acclimated to the best way to search this board. :lol:

The spankings will continue until morale improves...

I'm also considering the V Stream. I recently added the Baker wings and wonder how they will work in combination with the V Stream.

I use both. Works just dandy.

Rexford:

The Baker wings help guide air over the tank to keep it cool (mostly a gen I issue) and to bring more air into the cockpit to cool the rider. Mine are attached to Garauld's light brackets.

airwings4.jpg

I use both. Works just dandy.

Rexford:

The Baker wings help guide air over the tank to keep it cool (mostly a gen I issue) and to bring more air into the cockpit to cool the rider. Mine are attached to Garauld's light brackets.

airwings4.jpg
Today was the first ride with the wings on and I am most impressed. In the morning, I closed them and stayed perfectly warm without longjohns despite 35F temps. As it warmed up, I opened them up and it's at least 10-15 degrees difference between open and closed. Very nice. The hand wings, as per your pic, are on the way. I currently have the ones that mount on the main fairing near the rider's knees.

Now, once I decide between the V-Stream and the Rifle, the air management issues should be solved.

A word of caution on using the spacers. I had my winscreen motor go out about three months ago and after the dealer replaced it they said the spacers were the cause. Not sure if they are full of it or not. I do know that I was lucky and was able to get it done under the YES warranty. I was told from Yamaha Corporate that I was probally only the third or forth person that had had this problem. The bill would have been over $800 if I had paid for.

A word of caution on using the spacers. I had my winscreen motor go out about three months ago and after the dealer replaced it they said the spacers were the cause. Not sure if they are full of it or not. I do know that I was lucky and was able to get it done under the YES warranty. I was told from Yamaha Corporate that I was probally only the third or forth person that had had this problem. The bill would have been over $800 if I had paid for.
I am really curious about how the spacers or a tuning block affects the operation of the windscreen motor. I don't have either, but don't they just make a slight change in the angle of the screen?

With the addition of the V-Stream and Baker Wings, I am much happier about the "air management" issues. I'm now riding in a quiet pocket of clean air with no buffeting.

Well, I did install my V-Stream and love it. Nice clean pocket of air with just a smattering of air on the face with my faceshield pulled up in the upright position on my helmet. By the way I am 6'1" if that helps anyone with deciding.

Good day all.

Rexford

I think you just had a faulty motor and a dork that didn't want to wait for payment from corporate.

I've run the Rifle tuning block on mine for 4yrs now with no problem. I've used it with the Rifle and V-Stream. I like it with the V-Stream better.

Currently running a large Cee Bailey Standard without the block for winter riding that works great for the chilly weather. I'll probably put the V back on without the blocks since I'm adding a dash shelf. May see how much I can tilt the shield back by using washers this time without hitting the shelf or my stuff on it. The "tilt" helps a lot I think.

The Cee-Bailey is a lot like the Rifle but I got it with tint and never got use to it, it's also for sale BTW w/o the block. :)

Like most accessories you just have to try a few to find a good match, depends on your height, how your bars and seat are set up.

I have used the search function for V-Stream and got 0 results....
Hey Rex! HERE's (just about?) everything you might want to know about your Feej.

For searching, bookmark THIS SITE

You're welcome ;)

No cable or dish either, just rabbit ears.
Cool beans! Would you mind posting up a pic? I've never seen a guy with rabbit ears

:p