Vibration Over 90 Help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruzintexas

Reaction score
I have an 04 abs with 23000 I just did a tb sync new tires and spline lube before a trip to colorado. On the way out I found a bad vibration over 90. I had the tires rebalnced twice and a rotor replaced. Same thing vibs are bad. the bike seems to be running better that ever. I think the front end is bouncing????

Help

Steve

FIXXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cruzintexas,

I have an 05 with 1500 miles on it. I experience the same problem that you discribe. Do you have the Metz's?

Interesting to hear that you balanced the wheel and the problem persists. I was going to do that tomorrow ( probably still will ). If balancing won't cure the problem, then I believe that I have an issue with Metzeler. I'll keep you posted.

Bananas!

The pilot road front was the problem. Changed it yesterday smooth as butta!!!!!!!!

Steve

Thanks for all the input

I found a bad vibration over 90
Does it smooth out after 95 or 100 or does it vibrate all the way to 155?

You may hit a certain spot that you feel the vibration and it goes away under and over that speed, normally caused by the tire.

This is my 100 post, I know I can do it if I keep BSing you guys! :D :clap: ;)

I have to ask what are Pilot Road Fronts?

Is it the specific type of tire? If so did you just go to a different type of tire or get a new pilot road tire that happened to not be defective?