Vista Cruise and where to buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rangers4094

Reaction score
After much consideration on a cruise control/throttle lock for my FJR, it seems as though the vista cruise gets most appraise from most riders as being the best inexpensive yet useful throttle lock on the market, so I figurerd I would go with that.

IT was either the Brakeaway system which goes for about $200 or the vista cruise which is much cheaper.

The only problem I have is that the installation looks difficult (as per the FJRtech website), and I am unsure at where to purchase this farkle.

So where have most of you guys bought the vista cruise and what size would fit a 2009 fjr?

Thanks

So where have most of you guys bought the vista cruise and what size would fit a 2009 fjr?
Google's your friend on ordering.

And yes, the FJRTech.com article is equally applicable to 2009......2010, 2011, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, and likely 20xx as well. Also works on AE, A, non A, blue, silver, red, and black. And it even works on those French detuned FJRs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you are being facetious or not concerning the difficulty in mounting the Vista Cruise per the instructions on the FJRtech site. I can tell you that I followed the instructions for my 2003 and had it done in way less than 1 hour. I even changed both grips in the same session. Great addition by the way. I think I paid $22 plus shipping off Amazon, $17 for new grips from the local Cycle Gear.

https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=23

I don't know if you are being facetious or not concerning the difficulty in mounting the Vista Cruise per the instructions on the FJRtech site. I can tell you that I followed the instructions for my 2003 and had it done in way less than 1 hour. I even changed both grips in the same session. Great addition by the way. I think I paid $22 plus shipping off Amazon, $17 for new grips from the local Cycle Gear.

https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=23

ok. is this the same thing that you ordered from amazon, because I know that they also sell if for 1" and 7/8" handlebars.

https://www.amazon.com/SOUND-RECREATIONAL-VISTA-CRUISE-DUAL-MCVICOP/dp/B000GZPGYE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299191839&sr=8-1

also what kind of grips did you get? I have grip puppies on now, and would like some grips that are gel and help reduce handlebar vibs(and hoping they are comfy too!)

Looks like MotorcycleGear.com has them for $25.99. I've done 4 of them, and it takes less than 20 minutes unless I have to stop to rehydrate. :unsure:

Also, I use Progrip PG699 gelgrips since they are a bit shorter, and don't crowd the Vista Cruise model 074044 which is the one you are looking at.

Last edited by a moderator:
also what kind of grips did you get? I have grip puppies on now, and would like some grips that are gel and help reduce handlebar vibs(and hoping they are comfy too!)
I got the exact ones in the FJRTech article....for both my FJRs. Reducing vibes is another issue also covered at the FJRTech website and talked about many, many times in the NEPRT section here.

I got the exact ones in the FJRTech article....for both my FJRs. Reducing vibes is another issue also covered at the FJRTech website and talked about many, many times in the NEPRT section here.

where do they talk about reducing vibs at fjrtech?