Wanna See a Darn Good Looking Bike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjammer

Reaction score
As many of you may already be aware I went this past Friday and picked up my new 2010 FJR. I'll tell you all like I told my wife.."I hate that I had to go thru the expense of two other bikes to Finally find the ONE!!" First thing I was impressed with was the shifting. The bike I traded was a ZX-14 and for those who have owned one I'm sure you are familiar with the "clunk" you get when going from neutral to 1st Gear. I drove a Concours 14 that did the same. When shifting into 1st on the FJR it's like butter! No noise at all.

Second is great wind protection for me (6'2). I've yet to adjust the windscreen. Works great for me in the down position. I'm sure this is because I'm coming from a ZX14 and VFR800 before that which have minimal protection.

Third the bike is very nimble and corners great.

Fourth and last is I'm happy I don't have to spend money trying to make the bike comfortable, because it's great the way it is for me. The ZX and VFR I tried Risers, Zero Gravity Touring Screens, etc, to try and relieve neck pain.

I'll probably leave the bags off for the most part. I really like the sporty look.

The only thing I plan on looking into on the forum is mild vibration from the right grip (Throttle).

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys!! :yahoo:

FJR%20in%20Dealership.jpg

Front%20End%20in%20Dealership.jpg

Clean%20Motor.jpg

FJR%20without%20Bags.jpg

FJR%20without%20Bags_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new 2010 FJR! be careful looking around the forum... you will be looking back into your pocket book as you start to find must have farkles etc... ;)

Benjammer

Congratulations. Your early impressions on the FJR are similar to mine. BTW, remember my other bike is a ZX 14? Well, I traded in a VFR on the ZX 14. I guess we have similar tastes.

BAD ASS BIKE!! I love that color. The bike is just VERY pleasing to look at. Sexy.

Welcome to the Forums.

I love that silver! I need to pick one in that color! Congratulations, it makes me sad to see how nice they are brand new, mine has had a rough 3 years. She's an all weather fighter.

BAD ASS BIKE!! I love that color. The bike is just VERY pleasing to look at. Sexy.

Welcome to the Forums.
Judging by your avatar it is easy to understand why you're partial to that silver and black look. Go Broncos! :clapping:

Nah, 2003 has black plastic on the tank sides and windshield W. And most 2003s (but not mine!) have black wheels.

That's it. Otherwise identical . . . . . :lol:

Oh, yeah. A 2003 has real ground connections in its harness. :p

But seriosusly, folks. Nice-looking bike, and good job joining the fold. You won't be sorry. (Hopefully.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful FJR! Congratulations!

Hope you get as many miles of enjoyment as I have gotten out of mine.

I agree completely with all of the positive remarks except one. I came off of a Kawasaki Versys. With a weight gain of 250 Lbs going to the FJR I expected to have some challenges particularly in slow parking lot speed maneuvers. Much to my pleasant surprise it was quite the opposite. As to my exception, to me there is virtually no vibration in the FJR grips, ofcourse this may just be comparison to the Versys that vibrated so much my hand would go numb. I absolutely love this ride!!!!
yahoo.gif

Love the color but it's no 03.

Nice purchase though, you'll love it and before you no it you will be spending a good chunk of change on farkles. ;)

I agree completely with all of the positive remarks except one. I came off of a Kawasaki Versys. With a weight gain of 250 Lbs going to the FJR I expected to have some challenges particularly in slow parking lot speed maneuvers. Much to my pleasant surprise it was quite the opposite. As to my exception, to me there is virtually no vibration in the FJR grips, ofcourse this may just be comparison to the Versys that vibrated so much my hand would go numb. I absolutely love this ride!!!!
yahoo.gif
I had a versys, loved everything but the vibration at highway speed. The good thing about the FJR is the vibes don't come in till you're exceeding legal speeds, kind of like a friendly reminder.