Want dual bluetooth headsets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seventyss

Reaction score
I am a bit overwhelmed with all the technology for doing all the stuff you want hands free. Want to talk to pillion, use cell phone, listen to the voice of the Zumo, listen to XM radio and whatever else that I can't think of right now. I have a Nolan N102 and wife has a Shoei RF-1100. I have looked a bit at Ncom, but it seems a bit spendy and I wonder how good the sound is. All advice is welcome and needed since I'm so new to this.

Sena SMH-10

Great ergonomics to the controls is what separates it from the pack.

It does everything as advertised, is the best recommendation I can give it. That's rare in the BT game.

I believe there is a group buy being organized now. Check with Cougar8000 (Alex).

I am a bit overwhelmed with all the technology for doing all the stuff you want hands free. Want to talk to pillion, use cell phone, listen to the voice of the Zumo, listen to XM radio and whatever else that I can't think of right now. I have a Nolan N102 and wife has a Shoei RF-1100. I have looked a bit at Ncom, but it seems a bit spendy and I wonder how good the sound is. All advice is welcome and needed since I'm so new to this.
I tried the Ncom at a recent bike show and was not impressed. I did buy a Nolan N103 helmet, but passed on the Ncom system. The volume was barely adequate in the convention center. Once on the bike with road/wind noise, there's no way I would be able to hear it.

Recently purchased the Interphone F4 by BlueAnt and a Zumo 660 ... seems to work fine together...

Couple of minor issues when using with pillion:

1. Since the zumo will take over from the helmet to helmet when giving turn-by-turn directions, when going thru little towns, there are lots of interruptions which wouldn't be a big deal except the time to re-establish the helmet to helmet is longer than I'd like at times...

2. I was hoping the pillion and I could listen to the same music... either this system won't do it, or I haven't figured out how to yet...

When riding alone it is just fine...sound is great! ... In fact, I made a call and the person on the other end didn't realize I was riding... until I told them!

Scott

Although I don't have them (yet), reviews are great on the Sena SMH-10 and I remember specifically reading they were compatible with the Zumo 550.

Got the G4 set. Works great. Bought quite a few over the last couple years. Excellent battery life. Use it all week on service calls music and phone calls non stop. Get the whole week easy. The intercom good but a bit of a delay to get it started. Although i have not tried the SMH-10.

Josh

Edit - I use it mostly with the Iphone but it works great with my Zumo 550 aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how well the headset and mic are going to hold for daily commutes and other short rides. In the process of putting the helmet on and off 5 times a day makes me wonder how long it would take to break it :eek:

I wonder how well the headset and mic are going to hold for daily commutes and other short rides. In the process of putting the helmet on and off 5 times a day makes me wonder how long it would take to break it :eek:

So far so good on the G4. On and off about 10times or so a day 6ish days a week. Been about 2months so not long but looking good.

Josh

I had a scala rider that the earphone wire broke after 4 years of daily use. This was not the fault of the unit but my own. I did not have the wire under the pads as well as it was when I cleaned it last and cause me to break the wire. I am purchasing a new headset to use with my scala rider since it was working fine. I use the helmet with the Scala rider 50 weeks a year five days a week. I believe the units hold up well.

DRJFJR

I have used BTS-300 for some time now. I also use this wiRevo and a Mixit Amp and a 2820 GPS with XM and it all worked.

I used a I-Pod the most with it but my phone, the 2820 all worked. The wiRevo is a very cool product and worth every penny. However as most have found out you don't get enough power, and the MixIt will make your ears bleed if that is what you want. It can be hard wired or run off 9V battery. Have no Idea what I am going to use on the FJR except the Garmin 660.

No affiliation other then I use these products.

I have the Autocom and I could not be happier. Work perfectly with the Zumo.

I placed an order today for the Dual Sena SMH-10 it was $249.99 with free shipping, thanks to all for the help and advice.

I got a Scala G4 a few months ago. Total junk. Released about 6 months earlier then it should have been. Too many bugs to list. Did a ride with a friend who had one also. I was connected to a Zumo 660 and he a Blackberry. We had to reboot the units so many times throughout the day we lost count. About 8 seconds to get an intercom connection each time you connect which is ridiculously long. We've both done updates, but still continues to operate like crap. I work in electronics engineering and if I released a product like this I'd fire myself.

When intercom is connected it does sound pretty good. Both music from Zumo and intercom are good. But the flakiness of it far out ways the audio quality. And there is no way it does 1 mile. 900 yards is about what it really does even with line of sight in the middle of no where.

Latest posts