• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Want to buy a rear rack for 2104 es

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneway

Reaction score
I need to be able to carry a bag for a long trip next month. So far all I've seen is a rack that goes on the rear rack that carries a givi box. I don't want that. I want a 1/2 way decent looking rack that will haul a wolf man waterproof duffle without scratching up everything.

The stock rear rack is useless.

Sorry. Somehow posted twice. If you know how to nuke one of the posts go ahead. I can't figure it out on the iPhone. Thanks

Garauld. Makes the best FJR racks around, right on this forum. Feedback.

He posted a list of all his products but I can't find it right now. Bet some helpful feller will soon, though.

By the way, if you're riding solo, you can put that bag on the back seat and get a couple pairs of Rok Straps to hold it very securely. I do that with a bigger duffle than the Wolfman. The straps start at the side support struts and go to the opposite passenger grab bar. I just cross them over when not in use and never take them off at all. Handy for bulky items at Costco.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Nelson Rigg tail bag for the back of the seat. Just ordered my MV bar risers since the euro is favorable to the USD right now. Looking for a decent rear rack and I'm off to ride Lake Superior from SoCal next month.

I got thru to Gary and have it ordered and paid for. Should ship out in about a week. I'm getting the small rack in red to match the bike. May add a backrest later. His stuff sure looks good.

Thanks all

Don't forget to think about weight limitations - MANY never have a problem, but there are documented cases of subframe failure that most attribute to overloaded tail, with bumpy roads making it worse.

Garauld makes a stiffy kit that likely eliminates that risk. (And Garauld's stuff is mighty purty to look at too, and well made)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,

I won't carry heavy loads. But I went ahead and ordered a stiffy bracket just the same. An once of prevention I reckon.

Well, I can't figure out how to post a picture here. Anyway my rack and stiffy bracket came today. I had it installed in about an hour with no problems. Looks factory! Gary does a great job. I asked about a rack 5 days ago on this forum. Today it's installed. All the way from NY and color matched. Great service and great product.

Thanks all

Glad to help out...
rolleyes.gif

Bright%20Red%20Gen3%20Sport%20rack_zpsn9lg2m1i.jpg