Warchild What's The Status Of Your Replacement Fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedFreak

Reaction score
Hey Warchild;

I have been out of the loop awhile.

I enjoyed reading all the threads on the other board about your ticking trials and then you purchased the "pre-damaged" 04 FJR I believe. what's the status with that one. Is is rebuilt yet?, How many miles are on it, does it tick? Are you enjoying it?

curious how you are making out

-=SpeedFreak=-

I enjoyed reading all the threads on the other board about your ticking trials and then you purchased the "pre-damaged" 04 FJR I believe.
It was a 2003, totalled in a deerstrike.... this one:

front_left_qtr700.jpg

right_side700.jpg

Here it is stripped of damage, cleaned, ready for rebuilding:

StrippedForWork3.jpg

what's the status with that one. Is is rebuilt yet?
Oh, yes..... since late December of last year:

Day1.jpg

Day1_front_left_qtr.jpg

Day1_rear_left_qtr.jpg

blackFasteners.jpg

Galfer.jpg

How many miles are on it
~20,000 miles

does it tick?
Heavens, no... it is quiet as a tomb.....
thumb.gif

Are you enjoying it?
heh..... um, yeah....
burnout.gif

Damn Dale... you've turned the Deer Slayer into a work of art.,, too many mods to innumerate. BUT... the footpegs look like they should vibrate. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work.

Where did you get that tank protector?

It would go nice with my Galactic Overlord Star Destroyer Blue 05

What's with the front rotors? I've been seeing more and more of those. Better braking performance or do the chicks just like it?

Pappy

What's with the front rotors? I've been seeing more and more of those. Better braking performance or do the chicks just like it?
Pappy
Better braking and the chicks dig them :D . They were part of the brake group buy a while ago. Combined with the Carbon Lorraine (sic) pads they are great. I just installed mine today. Without even breaking them in, the bike stops better at slow speed.

Rick

Technically, the rotors and lines he has were a set prior to the Spiegler group buy we all participated in. It was going to be a Galfer group buy.....until they diddled the Schnauzer and pissed him off by reneg'ing. He retained the gear and headed us all the Spiegler route.

Well, this certainly blows the theory that he absounded to Mexico out of the water!

The tank protector looks like the carbon-graphite version of the Mag Knight.

How about a cockpit-eyes view?
Check out the "Diamond Black Gloss" powder-coating job on the handlebars, risers and triple tree:

AssembledSteering.jpg

SeamlessRisers.jpg

handlebars.jpg

the footpegs look like they should vibrate.
Yep... and the foot brake lever and rear muffler hangar came out looking totally
eck02.gif
, didn't they?

megabling.jpg

mufflerHangar2.jpg

What's with the front rotors? I've been seeing more and more of those.

Take another close look at that photo.... note the gold-anodized Grade 5 Titanium rotor carrier bolts and caliper bolts.... sweeeeet!
thumb.gif

Galfer.jpg

Not a great pic, but it does show how well it blends into the 05' color scheme.

DSC00034.jpg