• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Watershed handlebar muffs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eg23232

Reaction score
SOLD

Handlebar muffs made by Watershed. USA made in Salem, Oregon. Waterproof shell, nylon lining. Three-way waterproof zipper to allow mounting around mirror stems, ram mounts, etc.

Used only a few times on my patrol motor and personal FJR. Upgraded to Gerbings gloves to these are just gathering dust now. Basically in new condition.

$85 shipped in USA.

IMG_3691_zps22a7411a.jpg

IMG_3692_zps1cc0a278.jpg

IMG_3693_zps0cf601a2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are obviously of higher qquality and likely more versatile but I've had a pair for years that I thnk were called "elephant hands" or something. Last ime i saw any they were being sold for use on ATV's and cost maybe $25. I used them years ago and think they might be "safer" than the ones pictured becaue they appear to allow easier entry to them. If you remove a hand from the grips while moving it takes some getting used to get back into them. Just some food for thought....

Has mine for a few years now. Bought them at the same time the seller did. They are ugly as heck but work like a champ

They are built for moto-officers and will last for ever. Also now they are $200+.

Give makes a set of mitts that look interesting for $95, Can't seem to find the Watershed products at bestrest. Hippo has discontinued their hands products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alt Rider sells a brand called Quad Runner for ATV for $25.00 out the door, they need to be altered a little to clear the brake res. I have a set of the Watershead.

Just realized these are probably a non-starter with the J&M Audio handlebar system. BTW, Twisted throttle carries the Oxford Bone Dry muffs for $50, and supposedly Tucano Urbana makes decent versions form the FJR for about $75

The Watershed MC Covers is still available from Watershed.

$208.00

WaterShed® LLC
2895 Valpak Rd. NE
PO Box 7746
Salem, OR 97303
USA..

Toll Free at 1-800-848-8092
Local 1-503-585-6741
Fax 1-503-581-7604

Just realized these are probably a non-starter with the J&M Audio handlebar system. BTW, Twisted throttle carries the Oxford Bone Dry muffs for $50, and supposedly Tucano Urbana makes decent versions form the FJR for about $75
They will work with the J&M Audio.

I have a bunch of controls under the muffs. Just have to remember where they are. Driving light dimmer, Sena SM10 and a radar detector. Every twice in awhile I have to open on of the zippers to check locations when I have one of those senior moments.
fool.gif

Good find Panman, I looked yesterday and could not find the info to buy them new.

Speedygg, Pan had those babies bought hours before you posted.
Here is a little reading about these mitts.

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530877
I know, I was just venting. I've got a variety of hippo hand type gizmos that I acquired at various used sales. None of them fit very well. I've seen the Watershed mitts and they are nice. Actually bought a pair for my brother last christmas from BestRest. Damn you Panman (still venting).