Waving Etiquette

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barabus

Reaction score
Topic came up in someone else's thread and waving seems to elicit a big emotional response. The problems is there seems to be a lot of variance at who and how often we wave. I only return the wave, so voted the second to last choice. What is your style?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always return waves, but most often wave first. I wave at everybody except the very few who look like one percenters, especially one percenters in groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of the above. You need to add another category: Will return a wave if waved at first, but don't wave first.

I wave at everybody but the HD think they are too good or they are just A-holes. I have a few friends with HD and they feel that we all share the open road....

Parade princess here. The only time I don't wave is when my hands are occupied controlling the bike.

Wow- you guys really helped me learrn what a son of a bitch and snob I really am. Thanks- I think. Come on, there must be someone out there that thinks all this waving is stupid.

ummmm, I'm kinda in-be-tween the available options, I don't waive all the time but I do waive most of the time and always return the waive.....if I can......in time

I almost always wave. The exception is during Sturgis. I live about 80 miles from Sturgis, and during the first couple of weeks of August, there are just too many bikes on the road to wave at all of them. You'd be riding with one hand most of the time. Other riders seem to recognize this too, and during that time almost no one waves around here. It is no exaggeration that within 50 miles of Sturgis during the primary week, 90% of the vehicles on the road are bikes. It's friggin amazing.

This is the dumbest freakin poll I have ever seen!! Just because people are friendly and wave at other riders doesn't make them a damn Princess! If you're a snobby @$$hole then don't wave but don't call people a princess.

ok, done :angry:

-jwilly

I wave to everybody not on a Harley, and to Harleys when they wave first. Been snubbed to many times by HD riders. Or maybe they just don't want to let go of the bar that long? So I figure why put them in that situation.

:D

Here is a picture of me and a riding buddy.
PrincessBiatche.jpg

If you have trouble riding with one hand for the short time it takes to wave, then by all means don't wave.

If you feel like waving then wave.

If you do not feel like waving then just keep riding.

As for me and my buddie we gunna wave.

Princess Zoltan :punk: