We Lost a Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick story for you Sherri, my last conversation via PM with Andrew went like this.
Andrew - I hear your on tough times, would you like to borrow my FJR or the FZ6 until your bike is repaired? I think I can talk Sherri into letting you use the FZ6."

Don - WOW, Thanks for the offer Andrew, I'm very appeciative but think I can ride the storm out. You are a true friend, Andrew."

Andrew - "All I have are true friends. No need to spend the energy on anything less than a true friend."

I'm honored to have been considered a true friend by Andrew. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Don
Thats the guy I knew, 100%, in a nutshell.

I too have enjoyed Andrews posts, with great incite and originality. Same age as my sons, and much too young . . . . .

Rest in Peace, and may God bless you.

I loved how Andrew was playful with his camera at WFO6. Thanks for making me smile, I'll miss you sir.

andrew1a.jpg

andrew2a.jpg

Reading all this post about the guy that I never meet makes me feel so sad that I have never had a chance nor now will be able to meet him. It also makes me extreamly proud to be part of this group. In this day and age friends are not something that one can easily find. You guys are blessed to had apportunity to know him.

To everyone here.. He died doing what he loved. I will not stop riding. I went down with Kenra last weekend. If he had survived, he too would have ridden again as well and we all know it.

This is a sport and Andrew was good at it. It has risks. Andrew knew them and accepted them. As sad as i am it is a blessing he was doing what he loved instead of doing something he did not

To stop riding would be wrong. He would not want that. However, learning from this and I think most of all, learning NOT to ride if our head is not in the game is important.

He loved to ride. as do we all. It is a sport...... He was a hell of a rider

Met him in Jackson Hole WY and rode through a monsoon with him to Park City

P7250074.jpg

WFO 6

P7280168.jpg

Just before the rainstorm in the next pic at a BBQ

P7260082.jpg

Drunk on my back porch

P7260084.jpg

He adored Sherri, She cannot help running through tthe rain

P7260091.jpg

Iowa hills road with me and my GF and Barry

P5310010.jpg

How many times did we all see Andrew with a camera in front of his face??

P5310008.jpg

Watching Barry get a ticket on 49

P5310006.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]RIP My friend[/SIZE]

P5270025.jpg

It's interesting to note that once you have become part of this forum you become part of a large family creating many friends and when one of us falls we all feel it.

This hurts..........

This hurts, terribly. Am I trying to gain my composure to write this.

After reading these posts I have come to realize Karen and I, along with many other riders whom have shared the road with Andrew and Sherri, have been truly blessed. We have been blessed because Andrew shared himself with us and we are all better for it. I carry, and will always carry, a part of Andrew with me in my continuing journey.

I pray for consolation and peace for Sherri and the family.

In terms of eternity, whether you live one day or one-hundred years, there is no measurable difference.

God bless and God speed.

Wow. Where are the words? While I only know him here, and some phone conversations, I feel like life is less than it was yesterday. This is just not what I wanted to read after returning from the weekend.

While speaking with Andrew, he invited me to stay in his home should I ever make it to his neck of the woods. He added: "This is for you, I don't extend this to just anyone."

I suspect different.

My heartfelt condolences for all those that cared for this man. Some holes can never be filled.

This topic is the whole forum for me since last night. So many emotions, most of them negative. I think I've made it past denial to anger, looking forward to bargaining.

Thank you all for your input. It's very therapeutic to visit this living memorial and celebration of a great man's life.

"Keep coming back, it works."

Andrew died doing ONE of the things he loves, not what he loved, as he had too much love to fit into one basket. I hope I die doing what I love the most and, in case you're an ignoramus, it ain't motorcycle riding....

Speaking of, Eve forwarded me an email today with the following picture in it. Coincidence? Only for the foolish...

I knew Andrew pretty well, and I know he would appreciate seeing it. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say he'd be envious of the photographer, as it would be something he'd have loved capturing and sharing with us all.

smilingbirds.jpg

It's interesting to note that once you have become part of this forum you become part of a large family creating many friends and when one of us falls we all feel it.
This hurts..........
Woof. Times 2000 or however many of us are here and hurtin'....

I rode with Andrew and Sheri a few times, and looked forward to many more. On the Central Coast Romp ride in April, 2006, I had a great chat with Andrew on the side of SR-25 while another rider in our group fixed a flat tire, and sat with them at lunch. On the Big Dawg ride at WFO-5, we met up at Lake Alpine after I got separated from my group, and they made sure I got in touch with my group leader before they would leave.

A truly classy guy, in all respects. He will be missed.

Sherri, I can't begin to express how sorry I am for your loss. Words don't even come close.

We had several conversations during WFO6. He was a genuinely great guy and will be missed! Here's a picture of him cheering me being crowned.

DSC07449_small.jpg

No man is an island, entire of itself;

every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were,

as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were:

any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind,

and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

it tolls for thee.

[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]Meditation 17,
John Donne

So sad....

Any chance we can contribute to send flowers to the family? Anyone with contact info so I can help?

This is truly very very sad and very shocking.

God Bless

Armand

Am shocked speechless

Never met him.

Always enjoyed his wonderful ride reports...one of reasons I bought my 06

A great couple.....

Life is fragile..

RIP

Like so many other I never had the chance to meet

Andrew. I always read his posts with enjoyment.

He will be missed.

Rest In Peace

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.