We Lost A Great Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of calling it "The Two Wheel Nut."
I also had the though that Tim's favorite emoticon could be named TWN, so that anytime someone wants to put it into a thread they would click on "TWN" instead of the current designation.
This gets my vote.

Wow... Don't log on to the forum for a weekend and you miss all kinds of shit.

R.I.P. TWN

-MD

I always got a chuckle every time I clicked on a post and seen his

Barney Fife avatar. You could usually bet something good was coming.

I never ment the man, but from his posts you knew he was a good guy.

R.I.P. Tim

I can't believe this.....first Andrew, now TWN!!!!!
And just for everybody's edification....the circumstances of TWN's passing were NOT anything like Andrew's.

His wife shared with me that he was slumped over in his favorite recliner when she came home late Friday. She also said he looked peaceful and didn't seem to suffer. I think she also suggested there would be more information later from the coroner's office.

My guess is a bum ticker, but please realize that's speculation.

...and I suggest we don't need any more speculation than that. If/when I find out more......I'll be sure to post up.

Thanks much.

Ig

I went on a little 1300-mile ride this weekend, left Friday evening, and didn't even look at the 'net all weekend long. Iggy came down from his office this morning to tell me before I logged on and saw this. Thanks, Iggy...

This one will be particularly difficult to deal with. Suspect that right about now, 'Nut and Andrew are rippin' it up on the Other Side.

Here's to you, Tim..... :fuck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just f**k.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said already, but damn.

Prayers will go out for his family and loved ones.

I was doing ok until the pic below. Not sure what it was about it but after seeing it I was done. Seemed fitting.

DSCN0953.jpg

I'll never forget riding in Ojai with TWN. I asked if anyone around L.A. wanted to ride, and Tim quickly offered up his service as a tourguide.

IMG_4135Large.jpg

IMG_4140Large.jpg

We did about 500 miles, had lunch together, and chatted at gas stops and piss breaks.

In order to protect his forum image, I didn't post up about how I thought he would be a complete dick, but Tim turned out to be quite different than his alter-ego TWN. He was a great guy and a riot to hang out with.

I'll have a Jack and coke in your honor tonight, you will be missed, Tim!

this is a difficult notice to get. I also have not closely checked this site and only just now know of Tim's passing. I have known and ridden with him many times and will always be deeply grateful for having Tim as a friend for these few years. He was truly a devoted motorcyclist and lover of life and people. His contributions to this forum and to his leadership of WFO 6 & NAFO will not be forgotten.

My prayers go out to his family and loved ones. Tim shall always be deeply missed. A true lover of life, He was!!

Away from the computer all weekend, I log on to find this. I didn't know Tim personally but we've shared many emails. Heck, I bought his old GPS unit from him about a year ago.

Just last week... I think that it was Wednesday orThursday, he was telling me (via email) that he planned to attend NAFO2 & incorporate a visit to Conn. to see some family while on the east coast.

I was really looking forward to NAFO2 (in the se region) so I could meet him personally & have a drink or two together... & finally meet one of the few guys on this forum who could actually make me laugh out loud just by reading his comments.

He was such a witty smartass.

Tim, Godspeed bud. Have fun with Andrew... another person that I didn't know personally but also mourned.

My deepest, heartfelt condolences to close friends & family, Heidi

Is there anyway for those that interacted with him on this forum to somehow "keep" the PMs for posterity and NOT have them count against the number of PMs that accumulate in the private email sections? (Does that make sense...?) I never met him in person, but really enjoyed seeing the avatar as I scrolled down the responses, as I knew something was coming that I probably hadn't thought of.

C

Is there anyway for those that interacted with him on this forum to somehow "keep" the PMs for posterity and NOT have them count against the number of PMs that accumulate in the private email sections? (Does that make sense...?)
People can archive PM's to their content to an Excel or HMTL file. Once in a personal file you can do whatever you want with the file external to the forum and counts.

I was away from the computer all weekend and then I see this...not the way I wanted to start the week.

I never had the pleasure to meet TWN in person but really laughed at his posts and got a lot of help from him on setting up my camcorder on the feejer. He will definitely be missed.

RIP TWN!!!

I just can't believe it.....When is this train of pain ever going to stop?

RIP Tim. My condolences to his family and friends.

I'll never forget riding in Ojai with TWN. I asked if anyone around L.A. wanted to ride, and Tim quickly offered up his service as a tourguide.
IMG_4135Large.jpg

IMG_4140Large.jpg

We did about 500 miles, had lunch together, and chatted at gas stops and piss breaks.

In order to protect his forum image, I didn't post up about how I thought he would be a complete dick, but Tim turned out to be quite different than his alter-ego TWN. He was a great guy and a riot to hang out with.

I'll have a Jack and coke in your honor tonight, you will be missed, Tim!
He wouldn't ruin a good glass of "Jack" with coke "just a splash of water please" was what i would always get from him.

R

I was on vacation and saw the news this morning. I was so taken back by this that I didn't post right away. Like the passing of Andrew, I'm once again surprised how much I feel for the loss of someone I never personally met. Like most of us, I will miss his wit, humor, and sarcasm and how much he was a part of this forum. Rest in peace Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts