We Lost A Great Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news.

Godspeed Tim. You will be missed greatly.

Prayers out to you and your family.

WW

A couple of my favorite pics

This was taken last year on the way to WFO in Park City, Utah.

TimandandAndrew.jpg

This was taken in Oct. of 06 after successfully finishing an SS1K

Left to right Nut, Skyway, myself and OrangevaleFJR

SS1KOctober06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just U N B E L I E V A B L E..... Tim R.I.P. I will remember him for his wit and sense of humor.

Over the years I've exchanged repartees and some funny PMs with Tim but never got to meet him in person. I'm still trying to process the news that he's gone and, like everyone else here, having a hard time doing it.

Tim, I'm glad you had your great Alaskan adventure before leaving us. Ride on bro.

Stef

What an absolutely tragic loss for all. Really, really difficult to believe this can happen. Sincere condolences to all, most especially the family.

Tim, I never personally met you, but via the magic of this forum, you touched my life nonetheless. I have learned a great deal from you, perhaps the greatest of all were your enviable ability to combine wit, humor, and sincere caring toward others. For this, we are eternally grateful.

Thank you for all the contributions, TWN. Rest (and ride) in peace.

-BD

I just found out about Tim's passing... what a terrible loss.

I had known him back from the Sleazy board days, and exchanged numerous PMs and banter... I really enjoyed getting together in person in Reno, Park City, and most recently in Golden. The last memory I'll have is the parking lot conversation just before leaving Golden. We talked about his upcoming trip to Alaska, and said our goodbyes, expecting to see each other at another time in the future. Little did I know it would be the last time I'd see him in this life.

Even though we all have to pass the gate that Tim's now through, knowing that still doesn't make it any easier on those left behind, especially when it happens out of the blue. I'll always have a fond place in my heart for you Tim, and we'll catch up some time down the road.

Godspeed.

On our Big Bear Lake ride yesterday, the one Tim was to be on, we stopped for photos. Somehow, Tim's familiar wave :fuck: or salute seemed appropiate. He always had a sense of humor that was contagious.

Tim, we will miss you but never be forgotten.

331641887.jpg

331641880.jpg

Tim was one of a kind and I believe his "secret" is out... Underneath that surly, crotchety old man exterior was a kind and gentle soul.

My heart goes out to his families. Both his close family members and his extended family here on the forum.

I can't think of a more appropriate time or place for this... Tim - FYYFF :fuck:

Unknown, Tim, Khunajawdge and Kaitsdad at the Far West Tavern RTE last December...

Tim_at_fwt_rte.jpg

TWN/Tim,

You have no idea how much joy your posts brought to me. When I was having a bad day, I'd turn to your wit & humor for solace. My deepest condolences to his family and to the rest of us who will miss him terribly.

Ride in peace, Tim.

Oh man, I'm reading this but it's not sinking in. Like someone else said, having only known him from the forums, back to EZboard, he's one guy I really wanted to meet in person. Peace brother, it's just not going to be the same without you here.

Wow. That avatar, that I have seen over and over in my short time here, almost always signified a pretty good add to the board, (and there were juuuust over 11K of them!).

Rest in peace.

Just got home from church and saw this thread. Yes it is surreal to say the least and very hard to grasp. Tim was such a major part of our forum and one of the original members. His memory is honored here at the place he liked to visit by all who knew and loved him. Prayers to his wife and all the Bates family. You are missed my friend. Painman. <>< :cry: :rip_1:

RIP Tim, you will surely be missed. Your wit and humor cannot be replaced.

Remember there is not always a tomorrow. Live life today, it is precious.

Fred

It is with terrible shock and sadness that I read this news about our TWN. What a terrible loss. It is too much to bear. He was my friend.

I first met Tim on this forum. In our first forum encounter a yellow smiley flipped me off. I wasn't sure how to take that from Barney Fife, but then--as always--there at the bottom of the post was another smiley sticking his tongue out at me. Classic. When we had a chance to finally meet and talk, I feel like we connected, not just because of the bikes. At NAFO we talked about work and family and dreams....

Tim was one of the principal reasons I participate(d) so much on this forum. Always eager for his good opinion, it's only now that I realize every time I posted something I was writing for Tim--because I knew he was there. He was there and he was thoughtful and compassionate and at bottom a friend. And he never let you get away with bullshit.

I wanted to know him better....much better.

My condolences to Tim's family, and to ours.

Good-bye, Tim. God bless you. And may you rest in peace, my friend.

Hans

As a long time "lurker", I never met Tim, but I feel like I knew him all the same. I appreciated his humor, and his priceless contribution to this group of people. I know this place will not be the same without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.