Wednesday May 25

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger, sorry to hear you and Deb can't make it. Was looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Frickin' great !! -- not really :( . Just after we arrange to meet others for this ride, got a call from the contractors this morning ----- "we'll be at your house 0830 am Wednesday -- be there approx 3 days". We HAVE to accomodate them !! Been waiting for this day for 6 weeks already.

Who do I say "sorry" to ? Sorry Mark and Karl :( Happy birthday Mark :)

Coming to dinner still?
Depends on how long the contractor is here on Wednesday :unsure:

Frickin' great !! -- not really :( . Just after we arrange to meet others for this ride, got a call from the contractors this morning ----- "we'll be at your house 0830 am Wednesday -- be there approx 3 days". We HAVE to accomodate them !! Been waiting for this day for 6 weeks already.

Who do I say "sorry" to ? Sorry Mark and Karl :( Happy birthday Mark :)

Coming to dinner still?
Depends on how long the contractor is here on Wednesday :unsure:

Just give him the key at 8:30 and head for Marysville. Anyway, I'll need somebody in front of me after dinner to sweep the road for LEOs and deer! :lol:

Hope to see you two sometime that day. Or night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it may be a day with some liquid sunshine. Wheatie says we ride anyway, however Quincy is out due to snow levels at 5000' today so we will still be at the meet locations (Grass Valley 8:45 & Marysville Rd. Chevron 9:30 ) from there we will most likely ride out around the Sutter Buttes or somewhere below the wet weather.

Dinner is still a go at the Willo, 7pm.

We did ride through Quincy and down Hwy 49 in the sun yesterday.

Well it may be a day with some liquid sunshine. Wheatie says we ride anyway.
Riding in the rain can be magical too... it's all in your attitude. B) Hope y'all have a great day!
It's tough to have a happy smile on your face when you're drowning. But yes, we had fun--Mark and Karl, Bugnatr (Doug), FJRob and Terri, Gfran (Gary), and me. The original route gave way to the weather and we did a modified run on some back Valley roads, up through the Sutter Buttes (the world's smallest mountain range--honest), then to Colusa for lunch. It rained pretty much all day, and got very strong around the buttes (which are in Butte County, and I'll explain why I mentioned that in a second).

We stopped at some empty hunting club building that had a big overhang deep in the backroads of Butte county and watched the rain for a good while, but had a good time just jawing. Finally, with ALL the rain gear on, dry gloves in my case, and with all the scarves and balaclavas called into use, we headed out again for lunch. Got to Colusa and enjoyed a good Mexican meal, and took our time, which was enjoyable in itself. (Those Illinois guys are such liars, though.)

Still raining after lunch, so Gary and I gave up and headed south. The "Wheatie's birthday" meal turned out to be that lunch. Got home, peeled off a few soaked layers of clothing, and took care of errands and things. Turned on the tv about 6 to see a map on the screen of Butte County with a big yellow, orange and red blob covering most of it, with the words "Tornado Warning Issued for Butte County Until 7:30 p.m." superimposed on the screen. TORNADOES, for pete's sake. I'd have moved to Oklahoma if I wanted tornadoes.

Turns out at least two touched down. I think several almonds were knocked off local trees. Turns out Interstate 80 was closed for several hours today due to the snow--Tom in CA posted a link to that image earlier. So weird. We warned those midwesterners about our local weather, but we were thinking about the heat. It was about half what it could have been today. Still had fun, though.

It was as much fun as riding in the rain can be <_<

Mike, we were in Gridley for lunch but in the rain it did make it look just like Colusa :lol:

Actually wasn't too bad until we were 10 miles from Grass Valley when the heavens opened up.

Spent the rest of the afternoon drying out and helping Wheatie update his map and trip notes. It was fun to sit and visit over a long lunch on a wet day.

Thanks to Mike and Gary for riding up for our small ride around the smallest mountain range.