• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Weighted bar ends - no longer looking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapest

Reaction score
Looking for some bar ends of different weights to experiment with.

What do you have laying around?

Shipping to 98229.

Thx

-Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got some featherlight ones made of aluminum. Stock ones. HVMP hibby hibby stainless ones (almost a pound each). The stock ones are good. The heavies are better. I did not leave the aluminum ones on for long. They are colored to compliment the red FJR.

I put on a set of manic salamanders years ago and like them a lot. Looks like they may be out of business now. I mainly liked the extension for a place to rest my right hand when using cruise. The do smooth things out too, pretty heavy. If you can find a used set i'd recommend. Mine look like this (not my pic):

2008-07-15-13-21-06c.jpg

My HVMP's aren't for sale. The aluminum ones are colored. I recommend the HVMP's. They were strictly for looks and for a hand rest, until Yamaha replaced my entire throttle body assembly under warranty, and I suddenly found the vibration/buzz that others had described but I'd never encountered, had come my bike. The heavys don't eliminate it, but they reduce it.

Thank you Spud for this info, I had the MS ends on my 2012, should have kept them.

Looking for some is one reason for this posting in this section.

Bill - sorry for my misunderstanding, and thx for your recommendation.

-Steve