Western FJR Riders Roundup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left Sparks around 7 a.m. Sunday morning and drove into my drive way at 11 a.m, neither the bike or I any worse for wear. Should hear from the insurance folks today or tomorrow and see where it goes from there.
My deepest thanks to all of you who helped me out this weekend. You're a great bunch of guys (and gals)!
smile.png
Glad you made it home safely, Sam, and that you're (mostly) okay... bikes can be fixed/replaced... people not so easily... :wub:

Left Sparks around 7 a.m. Sunday morning and drove into my drive way at 11 a.m, neither the bike or I any worse for wear. Should hear from the insurance folks today or tomorrow and see where it goes from there.
My deepest thanks to all of you who helped me out this weekend. You're a great bunch of guys (and gals)!
smile.png

Look forward to seeing many of you again in La Pine. Cheers!
The loading of you bike was just like herding cats but somehow 25 guys were able to get r done! Good to know you are home ok, heal fast my friend.

The loading of your bike was just like herding cats but somehow 25 guys were able to get r done! Good to know you are home ok, heal fast my friend.
During the tie down process (of the bike), I heard the term "It's like five monkeys f*cking a football...
laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Another awesome meet under the belt :) As usual, good friends abounded, interspersed with new ones.

Big thanks to Doug and Don for arranging it all.

Glad we were NOT the only ones in a cage
rolleyes.gif
, and it was a useful addition to the weekend ..... hey Hycles
smile.png

Home safe, think I'm going back. Hotter here. Had a great two days of riding with Escapefjrtist and mrs.. George sets a great pace. Thanks Don and Doug, it was great seeing old and meeting new.

Who are all of you people and why didn't any of you bring a camera?
Somebody stole my puce Speedo and I am certain you are the culprit Marky-Mark, when Miss Tyler and the Ladies went topless in the hot tub: We guys then went "Commando"! Hung my Speedo up on the rack next to your man thong and T's bra, when it was time to go back to the room my favorite Speedo was missing! JSNS!

Home safe and sound. JuniorFJR and I split ways at SR18 just south of Seattle, great ride up from Reno. Took a lot of pics...culling through them will take a couple days, but I do have some good ones!

It's important to remain hydrated!

Hydration_zps4255d3f3.jpg

More to come!

--G

Made it back tonight ~6:30. No problems and had a great time! Hope to get pictures & video organized soon.

Ok, here is my little ride report on the Round-up,

Myself and Brad (BradBlueFJR) had to arrive on Wed, on arrival, in the extreme heat, Brodie with his huge grin helped me pack my crap to my room which I was very hot, worn and grateful! There were 5 FJR's in the lot and here comes a grinning and drooling Don Carver and the party gets started, Had dinner with Brad and promptly collected $80 on a quarter machine and had Oban in Brads room.

On Thurs. we headed to Virginia City and then a loop around Tahoe with lunch at Sunnyside, Hot and sprinkles at the same time. Thurs. night found the parking lot full of smiling riders and FJR;s, then Karl, the Airboss, tooled in driving his hotrod VW and promptly showed to 2 cases of iced Lennies!

Hats off to Karl for bringing beer, ICE COLD BEER

Friday, I relaxed, had lunch with a friend and did my annual underwear shopping at JC Penny's (we are quality shopping deprived in Eureka)

Friday night the lakeside was the place to be, from suggestions from pervs learing out their room window with offers of booze if I would just wander in and visit.. Ha!

I had to depart on Saturday and was looking at a 6am start, I avoided the alcohol pitfalls that would left me in regret..

I left at 6am on Saturday, and was headed to Healdsburg for a wedding, I got a call from my much better half we had a sick dog and so, I changed my heading and went home, arriving at 3:30, The dog was better, My better half was in Healdsburg at the wedding and I was flat out beat.

I had a great time visiting people, and getting to ride with Brad.

I saw Nightshine come in Friday night, what happened? Did he go down? Details?

FWFE

Sometimes no pics equals an all out fun time.

Glad you "Left Coast" hosers had funn! Sounds like everyone had a blast and Don was the leader of the entertainment group (staying up drinking by the lake at 4am!).

Eddie, Sam had an agricultural experience up near Eagle lake. He was able to ride it back to Sparks-no easy 2 hour feat but we know Sam is a stud. After a check up at the local doctors he returned with a u haul where we threw loaded his bike in the back so he could get it home in comfort with his sore shoulder.

KJ. You nailed it, I never took a single picture as we really had a fun time riding and bench racing near the Lake in the evening. I suspect Tyler may be posting some pictures soon.

For a meet at the hotel and ride with no schedule or other plans I believe everyone had a jolly good time. If you ever get to meet Fester be careful he wants to pinch our women
winksmiley02.gif

Home safe after 1936 miles of construction, they're building I 80 again. All I can say is it was a fantastic meet even if you had to drive there.

Thank you Doug & Don for putting it together.

Brake caliper issues kept me off the FJR and since I needed to get to Tucson to check up on the Grandkids after their move thought I would just a take a little taste of NAFO 2014 with me so I threw a couple of cases of Leinenkugel.

l

First stop was Tucson to see that the kids were alright, and do a little sight seeing, of special interest was the Titan site in Green Valley AZ just South of Tucson.

While stationed at Lowery AFB in Denver I spent some time working the Titan sites in Eastern Colorado and the site in Green Valley is the most complete site left today. so I really wanted to see this one.

Not much to see here. got to go inside the and down. Like five stories down.

015_zps15571060.jpg

and there she is, mutually assured destruction.

021_zpsece9d1e7.jpg

Then a visit to the the control room.

Where
lmaosmiley.gif

008_zpsee94a1ff.jpg

Megan & Matt turn the keys and press the button and turn the world into a glowing pile of rubble!

After a few days in Tucson time to set off for Sparks. First day was kinda flat and boring, spent the night in Beatty. Next day was much better, got to do the whoop-D-do's on 120 and a slow drive through Yosemite, much better.

076_zps34cd7d7c.jpg

Fantastic views, got to get the bike out there.

Be the routeing guru that I am managed to turn a 200 + mile trip from Beatty to sparks into 500+ miles, loved every minute of it.

081_zpse8532b7a.jpg

With roads and views like this who wouldn't?

Next day did a 89-49-70 loop.

106_zps555e0f81.jpg

089_zps07ebe860.jpg

085_zpsb2054678.jpg

119_zps7500aa08.jpg

Does it get any better than this?

Running out of time,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm sad. But.

139_zps981a7976.jpg

Bug on the Payla! WOOO-HO!

and you can't go there without going here.

151_zps3ca582ae.jpg

143_zps87a0a915.jpg

140_zpsd502d626.jpg

144_zps72373f5b.jpg

They will be missed.

154_zpsdcd54152.jpg

The End

Karl, I note in your photo of the control room where one of your offspring is practicing to kill the world...the enormous springs attached to the control room structure. Those I presume were to give a nice steady ride for the control room when someone over on the other side of the world lobs a few megatons to detonate the earth above the control room.

I wonder if Cogent can use those shocks? There are some "beefy" riders on this forum.

Oh BTW, awesome RR!

Right Wheatie.

All the electric, water, and hydraulic lines where build in with movable joints to allow for flex in case of a big Boom.

The one thing I didn't see that I found in every missile silo I've been in that kinda detracts from the authenticity of the site is this.

%24(KGrHqN,!n8E63WLoHU1BO+Knwf0Mg~~60_57.JPG