Western FJR Riders Roundup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd come, but I don't deal with extreme heat very well, just drains me.
End of June will be toasty riding all the way up the 395....and back.......how about next year we have it at say Morro Bay? Lots of fun roads inland of that area and nice and cool at the beach for after the rides!
Leave home at 10 pm and it'll be a nice comfortable night ride all the way up or ride up the coast to SF and cross the valley in the evening.
Hmmm.......night ride would be interesting, I rarely ride at night but it would be cooler, Thanks for the idea.

FJR Riders Western Roundup Attendance List as of 3/2/14: If you are going and are not on this list please inform me on this FJR Forum thread or [email protected] or 480-440-4666 and I will add your name. If you are packing your Significant Other on your bike, please let me know and I will list their name behind yours, for example: FJRBluesman and johnny80s. Note: If Simon and John were each riding their respective FJR's, then they would each be on a separate line!

TheZsdad
Slappy and Mrs. Slappy
Ijuggle and Ms Ijuggle
dj bill
FarWestFast Eddie
Old Michael and Lovely Laura
JerryZ
Dr. Bob Flanders
James
03silverbullet
pegscraper and MsNASCAR

Dashbaw

gfran and Wife

Hudson

James Burleigh

Petey

Cibrd0wn and Wife

Al and Sheila

Jack and Gayle.(Herbike on the Wing forum)

Silver Penguin (Miss Jilly Beans) and Tractor Driver (Andy H.)

Ann on her Street Triple

ULEWZ

Jorstin

Back Door Bob

Longrider - Bruce

Gordie T.

Gregory

Bugnatr and Mrs. Bug

BeemerDonS and Miss Donna

FJRay and Patti

escapefjrtist and Mrs. Gorgeous George

ahchiu - Marcus

The Ever Gorgeous Mademoiselle Tyler - Hubba, hubba, hubba and hubba!

Mr. and Mrs. Bluestreek

RogDeb - both of them!

bgross and Mrs. Bret

Tucson Joe and Cec

Husky Rider and Mrs. Husky

stealth1

HYCLE and Terri

Ken209 and Mrs. Ken

spfd308

indio joe

Gbjbany

Oakdave

juniorfjr and Mrs. Fred

Fly Bye

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump. Good looking list Don.

FYI: Rode up to Pyramid Lake on Sunday and went by the Western Village Inn on the way home-it's still there!

The drought really sucks, it's so bad that riding over to Reno in January was no big deal.

In +1.
Gonna be a HOT sonofabitch.
But Mick that is only in the Official FJR Forum Rally Orgy Room, should be cool on the roads of the Sierras!

Gosh, this may be a good reason to get out of the coastal climes and dry the gills out just a bit., so for now, Count me in!FWFE
Sounds great Eddie, you have been added!

Though our reservation has been made, my bride's knee is questionable for the ride. (Last ride in January lasted an hour.)

We had to face reality and cancel our Tandem Tour of Bavaria with our German friends.

So, either we will both make the trek to Sparks on the Wingabago, or I'll fly solo on the FJR.

I'm really looking forward to spending 3-4 days up there. Haven't been to that area since June 2012 when a friend & I did a SS1k north up 395, over Monitor Pass, to South Lake Tahoe, west through Amador wine country, and home on the I-5.

Or I'll stay home with her if she has surgery. Perish the thought!

Waiting to see if the Gathering of the Clans is going to happen this year. If not, then I'd like to join this trip. Limited vacation and all.

Sounds like a fun time!!
If the Bug is there, I'm sure it will be great fun!
punk.gif
Sorry, I checked my plans and I'm out for this one...

...but DANG, this sounds like a great time!

I was looking forward to some good gravel goat trails on the feej.
banghead.gif

Sounds like a fun time!!
If the Bug is there, I'm sure it will be great fun!
punk.gif
Sorry, I checked my plans and I'm out for this one...

...but DANG, this sounds like a great time!

I was looking forward to some good gravel goat trails on the feej.
banghead.gif
You know Wheatie, you are breaking Don Carver's heart with this sort of talk! REALLY, you should be so ashamed! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Latest posts