Western FJRiders Roundup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
This was also posted in the California section, but I was asked to copy it here for visibility:

Announcing a summer gathering for 2014. JULY 10-13 Mr Beemerdon, myself and a few others from here and the other sandbox have come up with an idea for a get together on the left coast in affordable Sparks, Nevada (next to Reno). Just minutes away from all the fun roads and passes of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range, both above and below Lake Tahoe.

Think of it.... Feather River Canyon, Yuba, Ebbets, Monitor , Sonora Passes plus Yosemite. Gerlach is an easy day ride if you want to visit the Iron Butt Memorial.

Summer can be warm in Sparks but the riding is way cool up in the Sierra's. There are many here who know Northern California has some of the best twisty roads on the planet. I'm sure we will have plenty of posted routes and even some goat trails for Old Michael long before the event.

P.S. We have shopping too, Scheels is almost next door and a Cabela's on the other side of Reno.

Come join us at the Western Village Inn and Cassino

All the info here: https://www.westernvillagesparks.com/

It's clean and affordable. Mention FJR1300 at time of booking your room

$49 Sunday-Thursday

$79 Friday-Saturday

Rates are per night, based on single/double occupancy. Washoe County room tax is 13.5%. There is no resort fee or any additional service charge.

Heck, they even have a fake lake to walk around in the evening. Gas, stores are all right there. Easy on and off I-80 one block away.

There are no event fees, prizes or t shirts. Just good people on motorcycles having fun while terrorizing the locals.

I wonder who will ride the farthest to join us.

I put it on the calendar. Now just have to make sure that the cruise director/bride doesn't have other plans.

I just ordered my 2014 Wooden Boats calendar on August 1st. I'll mark the date when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.