Wet vests

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afterburn

Modding Mechanic
Reaction score
Bear with me please, I am from Europe and we don't have these thingies in our shops. :) However, after being cooked again in 100 degree weather on my last trip, I want to stay cool next time round. So I am looking into getting a wet vest or evaporating cooling vest as they are known.

Since we don't have these thingies here, I wonder what to get and where to get it. I have searched using google, and it gives me plenty of options, but I don't know which ones are considered good and which one not so good.

So, if anyone has experience with these things, I am very interested in your experiences and suggestions.

I know, but I tried and it said sorry, please pick another destination. :)

But I think I have found another shop.

I know, but I tried and it said sorry, please pick another destination. :)
But I think I have found another shop.
If your other source is a no go, call them up on Monday, I received product from them 2 different times within 2-3days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my Miracool Reversible Evaporative Cooling vest from www.tuffrhino.com. They ship internationally, but not to all countries. To find out if they ship to your country, you have to try to create an account. I got mine for about 32 USD.

Here's their shipping FAQ:

Do you ship to my country?

Please create an account by clicking the "My Account / Order Status" link at the top right hand side of our site. During signup we'll ask for your shipping address details including country. If your country is not in the dropdown menu of available countries, unfortunately Tuff Rhino cannot ship to your country at this time.

See https://www.tuffrhino.com/MiraCool_Reversib...st_p/hs1040.htm

Reversible? You mean, like if you don't like the color you can turn it around, inside out, for a different color?

+1 on Tuff Rhino. The Miracool is an excellent product and Tuff Rhino has great service. Something I ordered was out of stock and they actually called me to see if I wanted a replacement, different color, or cancel it.

Reversible? You mean, like if you don't like the color you can turn it around, inside out, for a different color?
Means you're supposed to flip it (side that was against your skin becomes the side away from your skin) when the cooling wanes. Don't know how much good it does, but that's what they meant.

Means you're supposed to flip it (side that was against your skin becomes the side away from your skin) when the cooling wanes. Don't know how much good it does, but that's what they meant.
Seriously? Oh shoot. That seems obvious, now.

Just hypothetically, should one see a doctor if one decided to try to extract potable water from one in the desert? I think I read Dune too many times as a youngster.

661 also makes a cooling vest. they are big in the MX area with their protective gear and they just released this a few months ago..

661 cooling vest

they have a lot of international distributors