WFO-6 Check-in, please....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolled outta PC around 8am Sunday and headed for Las Vegas. Crashed out there and finished the ride to 29 Palms this morning. Just got back, safe and sound.

Where do I sign up for next year?

Made it back last night at 11:30 p.m. Left Park City at 10:30 a.m. their time. 14 hrs., 780 mi. to get home with many stops to wet the cool vest and kick back. Only one dust storm and one wind storm on the way. This folks is an all time record for the painman's arthritic body in the saddle. You Iron Butt guys gave me inspiration so just wanted to say thanks to you and for all that put this on and was great to see old friends and to make new ones. Everything just went too quick but what a blast....PM. <>< B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I left Friday night 1.5 hours or so after the dinner, wife's father had a medical issue. I drove through the night and arrived in Reno, NV at 6:30am. Long ride in the middle of the night. I managed to see the moon rise, the moon set, and the sun rise in my mirrors. I only hit one rabbit and had a close call with a coyote.
Sorry I missed you, hope everything's working out for your FIL.

The convenience of the superslab was tempting, but even with it's own set of dangers and a longer ride, the siren's song of deserted two lane road and Sonora Pass won my heart over. Probably the Solteks pouring sweet poison in my ears....

I Left Park City about 11:30 Saturday night, and the moon-lit desert was well worth the trouble and maybe even the pain of my experience with one of WC's Kamikaze Jackrabbits. Got home Sunday at 1:00 p.m., 850 miles later.

Looking forward to NAFO, even if I have to drag my bike to and from there on a trailer, to bring Eve and her special "ladies pampering spa event" supplies along. I just need to fab up some Soltek brackets and a coyote guard for the Highlander....

I definitely wrung out all that rear Storm had to give, about 5500 miles. I was seriously questioning my sanity 200 miles from home with Sonora Pass looming, after I decided to save $50.00 by not mounting Jeff Ashe's decent take-off in Park City for peace of mind on the way home. Looks like I won that roll of the dice....That $50.00 will pay for my Chinese tire changer!

DoneAvon-1.jpg

Left around 6ish and got home in Vegas before noon (took the long way home).

Fairlaner & crew caught up to me somewhere after Nephi. Damn dude! You were riding on cords at the time? :blink:

Glad you're home safe & sound too.

I had a great time. Met some new friends. Had some spectacular rides! Big thanks to all involved for making WFO-6 a huge success!

I can hardly wait for NAFO!

Arrived home Sunday afternoon. 805 miles. A little over 13 hours with roughly an hour forty of that spent not riding (lunch, fuel stops, and a lengthy phone conversation unblocking my credit card which had been flagged when I hit four gas stations in nine hours). Not too bad a ride. Only a dozen or so drivers tried to kill me on I15 between Vegas and San Berdoo. None intentionally!

Next time IBA certification - I had 11 hours left to ride 200 miles.

Thanks to everyone, friends old and new! Hope you all get home timely and safely.

PS - For those who were there, that new (I know, not terribly impressive), top speed record I set between Jackson Hole and Park City no longer stands. You guys are a very, very bad influence.

Left PC about 1030, arrived home yesterday about 2000. Took the long way home through eastern UT and AZ.

This was the best WFO yet for me.

1. LOTS of riding ( prolly one of the funnest !k days for me ever )

2. LOTS of Booz'n Schmooze

3. Got to overhear some of the funniest quotes I've ever heard. "If I'm going to make a bad decision, it may as well involve an orgasm".

4. More than previous years, I got to meet and chat with many more "Avatars" this year. That was very cool to get to know some Forum members better.

See Ya'll in Denver ( or wherever ) next year!

GZ

I took a slight detour through Moab Utah... WOW is all i can say about this place! Here are a couple teaser pics from the Arches

ArchesNationalPark729.2007055.jpg

ArchesNationalPark729.2007032.jpg

ArchesNationalPark729.2007094.jpg

I am in Cortez Colorado now and i am planning my next route! :yahoo:

I should be able to say my flight home was uneventful and a nice nap, but it wasn't. Due to some rain in DFW, they shut down the airport. Nice. So we circled over Wichita Falls for awhile waiting. That led to us running low on fuel, DFW wasn't open again yet, and WF was filling up with other airplanes in the same situation, so off to Abilene we go. Yee-haw! Landed there and had to wait for fuel, wait for another flight plan, wait to be allowed to take off again. And they wouldn't let us off the plane. Once all that was finally over, we got into DFW to wait some more. Now all the gates are backed up and we don't have an open one to pull up to.

2 hours later than when we were originally due to arrive, I am FINALLY off the plane, got my luggage and am headed home. Airplane seats suck too, but not as bad as the back seat of the FJR! My poor rear end!

I'm working on my pics and should get the gallery done hopefully today. 345 shots in 3 days! Not all of them will make the public forum, especially that one of 2 certain gentlemen mooning my camera!! :eek: Guess I won't be leaving my camera unattended anymore around those 2! :lol:

I'm working on my pics and should get the gallery done hopefully today. 345 shots in 3 days! Not all of them will make the public forum
I understand you may have some photos of a new WFO past-time called, um.... "motorboating".

Might any of those photos make it to your gallery?
eusa_whistle.gif

icon_twisted.gif

Oh man, I got to see the Motorboat first hand.

A small prop in a BIG wake is a beautiful sight to see.

BrBrBrBrBrBrBrBrBrBrBrBrBrBr!

GZ

0630 the flying Vail brothers depart PC. 1430 FVB arrive Denver. Had a great time in PC and looking forward to seeing ya'll in the Mile High City next summer.

I'm working on my pics and should get the gallery done hopefully today. 345 shots in 3 days! Not all of them will make the public forum
I understand you may have some photos of a new WFO past-time called, um.... "motorboating".

Might any of those photos make it to your gallery?
eusa_whistle.gif

icon_twisted.gif
oh crap!!! i had forgotten about THAT!! :lol: no, there are no photos of that, that i'm aware of. sorry dude! :p

Slap, IronMaiden, Big Chief Stinky Pants, and another person I didn't identify cruised back mostly together.

I got stung again! That makes it 2 of 3 WFO return trips I've gotten zapped.

Fortunately, this one did not include a call to 911 and I remained upright. Made it back home in time to watch the last heat of Unlimited Hydros on the Columbia...and then crashed for like 12 hours.

Fun weekend. I'll be writing and picture organizing this week.

Got back safe and sound yesterday. 10.5 hours - 770 miles, stopped 3 times....boy my knees were sore the last 100 miles.

I had a great time and already am looking forward to NAFO next year. There are some great roads in CO.

I left Friday night 1.5 hours or so after the dinner, wife's father had a medical issue. I drove through the night and arrived in Reno, NV at 6:30am. Long ride in the middle of the night. I managed to see the moon rise, the moon set, and the sun rise in my mirrors. I only hit one rabbit and had a close call with a coyote.
Sorry I missed you, hope everything's working out for your FIL.

The convenience of the superslab was tempting, but even with it's own set of dangers and a longer ride, the siren's song of deserted two lane road and Sonora Pass won my heart over. Probably the Solteks pouring sweet poison in my ears....

I Left Park City about 11:30 Saturday night, and the moon-lit desert was well worth the trouble and maybe even the pain of my experience with one of WC's Kamikaze Jackrabbits. Got home Sunday at 1:00 p.m., 850 miles later.

Looking forward to NAFO, even if I have to drag my bike to and from there on a trailer, to bring Eve and her special "ladies pampering spa event" supplies along. I just need to fab up some Soltek brackets and a coyote guard for the Highlander....

I definitely wrung out all that rear Storm had to give, about 5500 miles. I was seriously questioning my sanity 200 miles from home with Sonora Pass looming, after I decided to save $50.00 by not mounting Jeff Ashe's decent take-off in Park City for peace of mind on the way home. Looks like I won that roll of the dice....That $50.00 will pay for my Chinese tire changer!

DoneAvon-1.jpg
hey Bob, i thinkl i wrung this one out a little more.

I did 653 miles showing steel.

DSC_1172.jpg

Richard

Left a bit after 9:00,made it back ~11:00 last night. Little bit of rain, FAST run across Nebraska, then turned on the PHID's for the dark shot south back into Manhattan, KS. Loved the roads for the SS1K, just wish I'd had a video set-up to get some pictures of some of the views. Stopped & took some, but there's a lot of places you just can't (especially if you want to get back w/more than 3 min. to spare :) .

James

O'vale and Joyfulgirl back home last
Last Chance left Park City at 12:30 AM MDST Sunday, arrived Elk Grove, CA 11:00 AM PDST, Sunday. Missed all the heat and Reno Crowd going home. :yahoo:

Had a great time.

LC

P.S. No tickets either! AND if it weren't for the CRAPPY CA highways my back wouldn't even be sore!