WFO-6 Check-in, please....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After flying from Salt Lake to rapid City, So. Dak with my daughter to see family I have ridden the Black Hills area on

three different Harley's. My two brothers have two each. Sturgis is just about to explode as more and more riders

arrive daily. Today the traffic is backed up from exit to exit. It is just unbelieveable to see a rally with such a

different mindset than the sport touring riders. But it is all good just the same. About 450,000 expected as the

rally is projected to be down slightly from last year. The Black Hills are just as beautiful as ever. And on a Harley

I get to see every tree I pass. Like Harley says "Its a lifestyle." Of course I grew up here so the area means more

than meets the eye for me. Will fly back to Salt Lake tomorrow to pick up the truck and the FJR. I am so glad I

got to spend the last 12 days on the road with my daughter riding and just hanging out together. See you all in Colo.

guys, i'm pretty sure he missed a word there. how bout "riding WITH fjrchik all day long."

sounds better right??? and yeah, that's more accurate. :D

i did get to meet Ms Karen for a few minutes and she seems very sweet! Jeff is a smart man to keep her close!

--------

don't forget to print this too scabalicious. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
huh4lc.gif

Well I made it home this evening. Left PC on Monday morning and rode through Rocky Mountain NP in Colorado. Then Tuesday I hit the slab to Iowa, then Michigan, Toronto and finally New Brunswick before getting home today. In total rode 13,600 km (8450 miles).

Had a great time in PC but now my wife wants to buy a condo there. Could we pick a place with cheaper real estate next time?! :)

gypsy

Left Park City around 9am Sunday and spent a few days visiting relatives down in Phoenix. I had no idea that Phoenix has a monsoon season! Aaron and I got back home about 3pm Friday - 2480 miles round trip. The highlight of the adventure, of course, was meeting such great people, so many of whom made this wonderful event possible. Much thanks to all of you!

p.s. The bobsled ride at the Olympic Park was a blast! Thanks for sending the picture, Karen!

sled6.jpg

Made it Home last night after a tour through Southern Utah and Colorado, 3850 miles of AWESOME roads and scenery.

Been trying to download my pictures from my camera, but something has screwed up and it wont read the card in the camera. 492 pictures may be fubar'ed.

WFO was Great again this year, Thanks TWN and Staff.... Ya done good...

See everyone again next year in Denver...

Not all that far from Reno to Park City

....must have taken a wrong turn somewhere as just got home last night ....8 days after leaving Park City. A couple miles shy of 6,000 total miles.

Thanks again to all folks involved, good fun, good riding and the FJR did wonderful -as expected.

a few pics and silliness can be found here(clicky)

We are home, Took an extended trip down to Zion and then back up through Colorado.

Pics and reports are in progress.

Had a great time, Many thanks to the staff and all.

Cya next year

Diana & Chris

Gotpackage and I made it home Monday the 30th. great ride there and back when home 80 to sparks Nv then up to Idaho to ontirio Oregon, then to burns then to christmas valley. Then to silver lake.

After silver lake we took beear creek flats road to 97 great road lots of 45 MPH corners smooth no cars real joy to ride.

:clapping: It was a great time on my first long tri on the FJR and (have appointment for seat in october) and my first WFO. Good bunch of people.. :yahoo:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Got home last night with Charlie Hoss in tow. What time zone are we in today?

- had a great time

- met some great people

- rode some great roads

- and saw some great stuff.

Total round trip with side trips was 6500 miles. Charlie left my place this morning for Maine. My 'iron butt' is tired.

We're home too - that just leaves BugR and MikeH and Flying Monkey Girl unreported among the Canucks.

Total was only 6,800KM for us, but miles and miles of smiles! See y'all in Denver (or Huntsville, ON at CFR next month...)

Got home last night with Charlie Hoss in tow. What time zone are we in today?
- had a great time

- met some great people

- rode some great roads

- and saw some great stuff.

Total round trip with side trips was 6500 miles. Charlie left my place this morning for Maine. My 'iron butt' is tired.
Each time we thought we were a little ahead of schedule, we would plan a new route with new sights. We originally figured to ride the "back roads" to Denver, but decided to go south out of PC instead. Colorado would have to wait till next year.

We rode thru Bryce Canyon, Zion Natl Park and stayed in Hurricane, UT. The next day we headed for the North rim of the Grand Canyon, toured there for several hours, then ended up in northern NM. We continued across NM to Taos and Raton to the NRA Whittington Center to honor the gun gods and pick up tee shirts.

Then down to Amarillo and over to my old home town of Lawton, OK, so I could see the old stomping grounds again (1958 to 1963). Got chased out of there by a SERIOUS storm system, over to OK City and Tulsa. Next day thru the Ozarks in AR with some excellent riding across North AR to Nashville. Then up thru KY to Morgantown, WV.

Sunday, we got home to Geezer's house and some "welcome home" brewskis. Monday, I headed home in some heavy rain for several hours and got home around 6 PM.

It was one epic ride for us, but I've gotta say its nice to be home (if ya know what I mean!). Already looking forward to the National Rally next year. :yahoo: