What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1

Now it really looks like a beemer. I still like that Grey but I haven't seen one up close yet. Someday

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I was kicking my bags until my wife started riding. She kicks them like they're piñatas filled with money. Tech spec pads are next thing I'm doing.

Returned from a Navy reunion in Mobile, Al yesterday. 1730 miles total, some business, some pleasure, added 3 states to 'the map'- AL, MS & LA.

States%20Visited.jpg_zps65ovxkpg.png

I wish I could have coordinated with you while you were in Louisiana. Grouchy as you are, I really wanted to meet you.
sadsmiley.gif
'Preciate that. We didn't spend much time there- long enough to get bee-stung 3 times, bee-bit 1 time and have lunch. We rode over from Mobile along the coast and hightailed back via I-10 to beat the evening t-storms. Just made it too by about 10 minutes
punk.gif
. In fact, the whole trip (Tues-Mon) I got hit with about 14 rain drops. Most excellent considering the amount of rain and storms.

Well, if you did not get mosquito bitten, you did not stay in Louisiana long enough. We really like it when our mosquitos get to sample "foreigners" from other states.

I love my FJR. Soooooooooo simple to maintain. I change the coolant out tonight and then gave it a test run around the 2 blocks. (12.6 miles) All was good.

I even figured out the drain screw. Thanks to another member here. I did open the manual just to make sure.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally installed both front & rear Canyon Cages on the Silver Sofa.
punk.gif

It's a 2011 but I got the 2014 model for the rears, a little thicker than the previous model front cage (not noticeable) but nicer design and less intrusive for the passenger's feetsies. Schweet.

It stopped raining just long enough before dark for me to wash last weeks riding home from work in rain every day grunge from it. Gotta clean her up for her re-shoeing tomorrow (weather permitting).

Might as well try it. I did once for a few days, and immediately went back to round profile tires. Just couldn't stand the change in handling. Others are more tolerant. They are probably better riders then me. I need every advantage. :lol:

If only you could get the mileage of a car tire in one of the round ones made for motorcycles. <--- Comment worthy of NEPRT status ;)

Changed her shoes...gonna try the bargain priced Shinko 009 Ravens. I'll report on them later.

Also changed plugs - ran them for 18k miles and two look ok while two are showing some charred porcelain abd electrodes.