What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to fly back to it (assuming it's still in the airport parking garage). Pilot just said over the PA we would basically be flying the route of the blue ridge parkway, if we wanted to follow along on our maps. Foboo waterproof duffel passed the baggage destruction test. But I'm going to order the 90L version. The 66L sounds huge, but in a duffel that has a roll down top, you don't get 66L of usable space. Love the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took Thursday off of work, rode <-- thataways to have lunch in Banner Elk, NC with a buddy and his g/f down from PA staying for the week in Johnson City, TN. Then I eventually made my way back home. About 320 on the day.

They've been discovering places like Roan Mtn SP, the Toe River and the BRP Viaduct.

Went up north to get some Statues of Liberty.

Statue%20Greeley-M.jpg

Statue%20Johnstown-M.jpg

Statue%20Loveland-M.jpg

Got three and forgot about one.

Denver to Greeley to Loveland and back. 180.1 miles.

How many statues of liberty are there? It's clearly a rally location of some kind.
I have read over 200. Wiki has a list by state. The Boy Scouts of America had them made in the '50s. Team Strange has them on this year's Grand Tour. There are 14 in Colorado. I tried for one today but it's at a Boy Scout camp in the woods north of Ward and the parking lot is rutted dirt on a pretty good grade so I turned around.

Decided to get high.

Nederland%20FD-M.jpg

Nederland is a little hippie town west of Boulder sitting at 8200 feet. Famous for Frozen Dead Guy Days, a Spring festival celebrating the end of Winter. And a corpse that has been in a shed for twenty something years.

https://frozendeadguydays.org/aboutfdgd

I was stuck in a traffic jam. The 2017 Cannonball Run was passing through town. Saw some Italians, a couple Germans, a bunch of Corvettes and a Mustang with a drag chute on the back. It sounded like it needed it.

Jetted up the hwy to get to a section of the BRP I hadn't been on. It was nice despite being prepped for tar and graveling. This was one of my goals for the yr- to ride the sections from the northern end down that I hadn't been on before. So now, at various times on various trips, I've ridden it from the beginning up by Waynesboro, VA to Asheville, NC.

For those interested: a) the leaves are just barely beginning to turn so for now the roads were nearly empty; B) much of the Virginia section has been re-surfaced- lots of loose gravel.

Picked up a second FJR, nearly bone-stock and like-new '07...

21740065_1733057770040856_3086443039825138652_n.jpg

Straight swap for my '07 FZ1, which has all the performance and handling mods, along with some nice Rizoma bling..

21743181_1733057116707588_5263728807671895193_n.jpg

Plan is to move all the goodies on my '08 over to this, as I am now certain an FJR will be with me for a long time..

Rode 410 miles in NW Arkansas. Road from Texas on Friday to ride the talihina scenic parkway yesterday. Was going to head back this morning but it was a perfect day for additional fun. One more day tomorrow and then heading for home.

Congrats, eflyguy. You riding that one to SFO?

On the what I did heading, I changed the oil in my '07 (engine and FD), then bled the brakes and clutch, in preparation for SFO.

...Early preparation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got to ride some with a coworker. We've been trying to get together for a long time but something always screwed it up. He's on a Honda cruiser thing and doesn't venture out much-- he rides the roads he knows, mostly 4 lane hwys to a place he knows and then he goes home the same way. So he wouldn't feel too uncomfortable we agreed that he would lead me to his fave lunch spot and I would lead home Up the 4 lane hwy we go for a whopping 91 miles. Then home we go, kinda the roundabout way, 170 miles of southern Virginia curvy mtn roads. He was a nervous wreck when he got home, saying he'd never been on roads so twisty. I tried to explain that those aren't the twisty ones, those were just the curvy ones as in-- I didn't scrape parts on the pavement.

He agreed to ride again in the spring so it wasn't too scary. Damn good porkchop sammich too, Snappy Lunch, downtown Mt Airy. We got there early so no waiting but by 12:30 they were lined up down the sidewalk to get in. And the classic car show was in town, a little eye candy is always nice!

More EOM prep: oil, filter, left and right Ram-Mount set-ups, plus both side helmet locks.

Saturday got me as far as tires, spin balance, remount in driveway after lube on driveshaft splines and axles, etc. CalSci medium fit well and steady at 104.