What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yawn, Rode again.....to work and beyond

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode to work today. PFFFFFFFFFFF what huricane? Overaterd !!! Just in case I wore the stitch and the Rapha.
Dave
Category 1 and 325 miles away. Jose will be a tropical storm at its closest approach to Mass tomorrow morning, and it will still be 200 miles away. Be very glad you weren't in Houston or Tampa.

On the other hand, that may be one thing Mass has going for it: the Atlantic's too damn cold for hurricanes to sustain themselves.

I rode my FJR to work today in the Big Banana 'Stich. It's getting below 70 degrees here; time to break out the winter wear.

Well I was all ready to fight the onslaught of raging winds and driving rains on the way home from work. -NOTHING-

Tomorrows another day,

Dave

Ooooooops, double post. haven't done that in a while. For some reason it seemed to hang for far to long.

I haven't rode to work in a long time, but I did ride today. Some nice new asphalt on Hunter Road on my route added to the fun. A nice steep twisty road that works a lot better with new pavement.

Ordered a set of LED running lights to add to the 2015. Currently my flamers are wired to the high beam switch. These will be wired to come on with the key and stay on. (1000 lumens)

Rode to work all week.

Dave

Zero.

It hasn't moved since returning from EOM. Got all the southern bugs on the wind screen to prove it. Maybe a wash later.

Returning to daily service this coming week.

Rode to work yesterday. Just felt like riding. A co-worker that rides a Road King almost every day to work was asking questions about the FJR. I sat on his bike - it's heavy, but not as heavy as I thought. Motor will rattle the fillings out of your teeth, though.

Changed fork oil this morning, and motor oil/filter. On each side of the triple clamp, one of the lower bolts was CLEARLY loose. That was alarming, but I torqued all of them to spec and will double check after a test ride later. I'm not the original owner of my current bike, but to my knowledge the forks were never removed. The steering head bearings were replaced with tapered ones, though.

Changed motor oil and filter. Good to go now. Just need somewhere to go and some time to get there.

Cleaned/lubed the pedals & the levers. While I was at it installed an R1 shift arm. Slight wear showing on the top boss of my Chinese 6way adj clutch lever, black anodized blocks are fading titanium-ish (matches the levers). Just rode 150 miles to make sure they still worked.

Shifting action definitely feels more "solid". My gut is as much or more from moving the rod end toward the center of the bike as it is the difference in lever length. YMMV

Rode it to work....again. Day 218 consecutive ride of 10 miles or more in my quest for a "perfect year". Hoping we have a mild winter....Considering buying a Honda Grom just in case.

Put a couple hundred miles on this weekend. Haven't been ridding much since I lost my parking spot at work so the ol gal has been sitting. Had to jump start her twice. I think it may be battery time, 8 years on the old battery
rolleyes.gif

Rode to work today after yesterday's NH all-day ride. Neck and back a little stiff as the roads a little more weather abused that what was found down at EOM.