What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed FJR finger farkles.

With cold weather rolling in this week, it was the time to install Barkbusters BBZ hand-guards. On the 6-mile ride into work this morning, my hands stayed warm in the 22°F temperature.

Installed the CalSci windscreen purchased from Chiefblueman and took it out for a test drive to fill with fresh super, fuel system cleaner and fuel stabilizer for the long winter of hibernation ahead. Sadly with snow in the forecast it's likely the last ride of the year.

46214671_10156860827549628_3399661735148257280_o.jpg

Thanks George.

Panman's S10 in the background getting some farkle's wired up.

If I had Pan's garage and he a feather up his butt we would both be tickled to death. JSNS!

^ If those were available here in the states I'd be real tempted, just for the fun factor. I've had a scooter in the garage for a few years now and am still surprised at how much use it gets locally. I'm ready though for something with a little more build quality and NO carburetors!

Looked at mine in the shop as a group of Adventurers rode by. Bass turds!! Then I hobbled back into the house with my trusty cane. C'mon Jan 25th!! That's new hip day.

^ If those were available here in the states I'd be real tempted, just for the fun factor. I've had a scooter in the garage for a few years now and am still surprised at how much use it gets locally. I'm ready though for something with a little more build quality and NO carburetors!
That would be perfect for my wife to ride.
Dave
If you're interested reading more about the multi-wheel scoot I bought, to avoid cluttering this topic I made a new one here.

This kind of scooter are realy common in France. You can drive it just with automobile driving licence and 7 hours of training... So here, you find many people who drive it without motorcycle formation, just to drive faster is blocked ( it's allow to drive with moto, or scooter between care file). IMHO, this kind of scooter generate a sense of security, but warning, it's still a scooter, and with it even if you are 3 wheel,it's easy to fall.

Otherwise, I drive my fjr to go to work, today again

Snowing again. Really? It just doesn't happen like that anymore like the old days. So FJR stuff today? After shoveling, set my beer (or two) on the rear rack, while contemplating warmer days. (And was thankful that I cleaned a space in the garage out of all my contractor tools for the bike). Beer me, again, garage supply. After all, damn forecast calls for more Wednesday night. Must be coming from the PA boys.

got her dirty today. Did a little 100 mile ride today for toys for tots run. Nice enjoyable ride. Glad I had multiple layers on.

Today made me really happy that I traded the FZ1 for the FJR. The fairings, adjustable windscreen, heated grips and the vstrom handguards made the bike more comfortable on not so warm days. I would have been down right miserable on the FZ1 today,

Matt

Had the same romantic notion of riding to work every day but our roads are both in an appalling state and appallingly congested - sometimes I forget how bad they are. FJR is going to go back to hibernation until spring.

On topic, I finally ran a permanent wire for my Garmin while wondering how the company remains in business making satnavs as jaw-droppingly second rate as mine is.

Same thing I do to my FJR every day, rode it to work. 19 degrees this morning and loving the heated gear. Day 626 consecutive. When I started tracking riding every day I must admit, I did not expect to get this far.