What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work the past two mornings, just like gapiob. However, mine's been in the shop for a month getting a shift fork replaced under YES warranty. (Three weeks of that month were YES negotiations between the shop and Momma Yama.)

Who cares that temps were in the low 30s? The combination of sunshine and an operating FJR was a blast. It's good to be reunited with those you love.

Absolutely nothing for the 2nd day in a row. All good things must come to an end and this unfortunately must include my streak of consecutive riding days. I knew my area weather guessers would eventually get it right and the time is now. We had the predicted snow beginning Monday night into Tuesday followed by bitter cold with winds and ice on our roads. I managed to ride to work Monday but had already figured that even if I went out Monday night at midnight to get my Tuesday ride in it was likely the following days could still spell disaster. The roads in and out of my development are a skating rink and the possibility of safely navigating a FJR through that passage are not in my favor. My streak ends with 680 consecutive days documented.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement and following along with the repetitive posts of "rode it to work" LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely nothing for the 2nd day in a row. All good things must come to an end and this unfortunately must include my streak of consecutive riding days. I knew my area weather guessers would eventually get it right and the time is now. We had the predicted snow beginning Monday night into Tuesday followed by bitter cold with winds and ice on our roads. I managed to ride to work Monday but had already figured that even if I went out Monday night at midnight to get my Tuesday ride in it was likely the following days could still spell disaster. The roads in and out of my development are a skating rink and the possibility of safely navigating a FJR through that passage are not in my favor. My streak ends with 680 consecutive days documented.
Thanks to all for the words of encouragement and following along with the repetitive posts of "rode it to work" LOL.
Major kudos on a major accomplishment! Time to start on the next streak...as soon as the streets thaw.

Rode it to work...45 degrees, fog and drizzle for my ride to work this morning...supposed to clear up and drop into the low 30s for my ride home. Riding in NE Ohio in February...priceless

Snuck in a quick ride yesterday after work running to my credit union. Rode to work this morning, 39 degrees on slightly wet roads but forecast calling for mid 50's when I get off.

Changed the oil in the bike yesterday and road it to work today. Ready to ride tomorrow also.

Spring is around the corner.

Finally got a start on my long winter maintenance list.

First item to get checked off: brought forks into local dealer to have the AK-20 install done. I made it pretty clear to them to NOT reinstall the middle bushing.

Next on the list will be reinstalling rebuilt Penske.

Really looking forward to that first Spring ride.

Finished Canyon Cage engine and pannier guard install. Had to drop hiem joint shaft in order to grind the cage mount tab because of interference. Removed about 1/16" from corner and painted it.

Did the ABS module exercise service. Hardest part is getting at the connector up there in front off the battery. Next up is servicing the shift and brake pivots and the relay arm bearings. Spring is coming - want to be ready.

Cleaned and lubed the rear brake pivot.

Cleaned and lubed the clutch lever pin/brass bushing and front brake lever pin.

Took out the old air filter (the replacement filter should be here Monday).

Took off the right side panel to check the rear brake hydraulic fluid level (was fine...).

Ive been hunting around for a spare rear rim for my newer 08. Was looking for gently used with a brake disc for those gentle 14k rallies. So I took a shot on a part out on EBay. $180 shipped. So it arrived the other day and I got a bonus. Not only is it in great shape, it had a brand new PR-5 mounted. Now that was a sweet deal.

Did first valve check on 08 (owned for 16 months). I really hate this job :) took me much of the day. Audio box cruise actuator and lots of farkle wiring running through the engine compartment not super helpful. Got her done and replaced plugs. TBS tomorrow.

The battery typically gets two top-off trickle charges during the winter. I just put it on for its second charge for a few hours today. I don't use a battery tender and I find that is all the battery really needs on the FJR. If the battery is in good condition with a low self-discharge rate, the parasitic draw of the FJR is pretty low.

A ton of snow on the ground and more coming tomorrow. A couple inches of solid ice on the neighborhood streets and huge snowbanks. With some luck, the worst will be done in another three weeks or so. Ride on St. Patrick's day?

Relisted my spare FJR on Craigslist. It needs a home and I need the shop space cause I just picked up a FZ1 for my son and it will live here for awhile.

Started the old 07 and let the fans cycle while I loaded the S-10 on the back of the M/H a few days ago. Now sitting down here in Redding Ca with the S-10 going to see Seth Lamm Monday.

07 will be getting a bunch of work done when I get the chance, when we get home in May I'm hoping to be headed for AK at the end of the month. Hoping to have it ready for La Pine. Darn. both bikes will be needing valve checks when I get home from AK!