What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are great roads, a fellow could spend days wandering that area. I love getting myself lost over there!

Sometime take the Le Clerc Rd out of Newport up to the Sullivan Lk Rd and ride around the lake over to 31. Take 31 back down to 20 and cross over to Aladdin Rd and head N to Deep Lk Boundary Rd to Northport if you don't mind a couple of miles of gravel go north on 25 to the Northport Flat Creek Rd and head south (I have a love/hate relationship with that road). All some darn nice scenery!

I need to stop talking and my butt over there as there is some great riding all around you.
I have been up the LeClerc Road.  I have avoided Sullivan Lk Road due to low speed limit and too many driveways.  I will have to check out the others you suggested but I have an aversion to gravel on the FJR.  I can do it but I just don't like it.

Yah you can come over to my place anytime.  We got a spare bedroom.

There was some very nice scenery yesterday and traffic is non-existent.  I hope to get out a couple of more times this year.  By November it's all over.

I parked it in the driveway and low and behold the local PD showed up nocking on my door. Dam! seems as though someone reported me for speeding and passing on a double yellow line.

I called bullshit and the officer said the other party that reported it was concerned for my safety. I responded no problem I am doing fine. Truth be told I did pass someone at a very high rate of speed on a single solid line. Details, details, details. It gave me an out without fessing up to the crime.

I gotta slow down, Dave

That’s great.  Now “concerned citizens” can drop a dime on you because they don’t like getting passed.  Gotta blow by them faster so they can’t get your plate number 

Dash cams SUCK, I am guessing that's what grabbed my plate. My feeling is it was an off duty cop that got passed and took offence to it. I am pretty sure it was close to triple digits Fred. I hit the corner at 60. I hate working late. It cuts into my personal time.

Dave

Killed the battery yesterday. Seems some dumb ass left the key on with the auxilary lights on. (ME)

She no start, Needs a charge.

Dave
I am sure you know this, but when the battery is THAT dead, it is best to use a charger and charge it up, at least to 10.5 to 11 volts and preferably all the way to the high 12's before starting it. When you Jump Start it when it's that dead, the alternator/voltage regulator, sensing very low voltage slams the system with every amp it's got and that is never good for modern electronics. Just sayin.

If it's just below the voltage where it will barely crank, or will crank but not fast enough to start, THAT is the time to Jump Start it, though, it is always best to just recharge the battery with the appropriate charger, if you have the time. 

I did a couple of rides with my buddies before the rain started last night. 

Kevin [Panman] and I did a little leaf peeping/five pass/450 mile tour.

74235470_10157681397769628_5540660205869596672_o.jpg

72987659_10157681399389628_8001699921294000128_o.jpg

73349223_10157681404314628_1959879012654252032_o.jpg

Curly Joe [Rich/Crash] and I did a shorter tour because he's still walking wounded.

72348732_10157681401679628_4817914834559434752_o.jpg

72642609_10157681394269628_8845152483715055616_o.jpg

72595040_10157681395729628_8077896351976783872_o.jpg

Forecast is for 10 days of rain so I'm glad we got some ride time. We had high temp's of 65 and low temps of 32 and lots of sunshine. I can't ask for much more, good friends, good roads and great bikes.

db

Siphoned two gallons of gas out of the FJR, road it to gas station with non-ethanol fuel, added a bit of stabil and filled it up. Road it home then changed the oil. My riding season is likely done until April.
icon_e_sad.gif

It was a nice day here today and I would have taken it for a ride but other chores needed doing. I mowed the lawn and changed the rear differential fluid in my Honda CR-V AWD. The forecast is for rain and cooler weather for the next few days.

That’s great.  Now “concerned citizens” can drop a dime on you because they don’t like getting passed.  Gotta blow by them faster so they can’t get your plate number 
Just happened to me on the way to EOM. I was on Rt. 39 in Warm Springs, VA and I passed a car at a high rate of speed on a double yellow (my GPS was showing a very twisty section ahead and I didn't want to be held up).

Turns out the guy I passed was an EMT and had the local Sheriff on speed dial. I got pulled over and one-bullet Barney chewed my ass for 20 minutes!

No tickets were issued fortunately.

With such great weather (for November) took a spin through the Sierra foothills and just enjoyed the scenery (yesterday).

175 miles for the afternoon, all on nice 2 lane roads. 
biknflyfisher

Picked up a 04 basket case yesterday. The plan is my oldest is going to build it at "His" house and use it. If he bails and if I ever get done with Carver shit I will get it done and off it for cost cause I don't need two 04's. It's all there and just needs some creative assembly.

Changed coolant in the 2014ES. Living in the S.F. Bay Area I reluctantly admit I did the blow job. Since I change the coolant every two year I am not sure the dreaded blow job is needed!!   :rolleyes: