What Riders In What Groups?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smthng

He rocks!
Reaction score
Hey all... it might not be a bad idea to note what riders were in which groups (assuming you stuck with the same basic group most of the time) before we forget who everyone was.

I know that my general group was composed of myself, Jerry and Denise, David (Fialdj), Dana, Juan and two others. Anyone one of you guys remember the names of the two other guys? I'm horrible with names.

Hi Something: First of all let me congratulate you and thank your efforts in organizing such a great meeting. I was hesitant to attend at first, because of a change in my work schedule, and also to the fact that I did not know anybody.

I am glad that I attend, I made good friends there, and I will be there for any future meetings. I know it is a lot of work to organize this events, and I offer my help for the next meetings. Our group was great. You, Jerry and Denisse, David, Dana, and Vern (Yellowmagna, CT), which rode with us on Saturday. I will look for the name of the other guy which rode with us on Friday afternoon, he later changed to other group on Saturday.

I was sad to hear about Dana's accident, and I soon as I read it I called him and realized that he was bruised but otherwise OK. I am very busy at work, and I already started converting the pics from NEF (Nikon uncompressed format to Jpeg) and I am planning on posting them over the weekend. There are some great ones.

Keep in touch and thanks again

I spent most of the weekend riding with Heidi (Luvtoride) and a lot of time with Jeff and Laura, and William (mobetter4u). Others included Gordon, quicksilver and his pillion, and for a little bit, John's (grim reaper) group.

I have to say that the afternoon when we (myself, luvtoride, and Gordon) got separated from John's group was one of the best rides I've ever been on. It was a well paced, but safe, ride with two other riders who rode in a group very well. The roads were some of the best in the road, and it was absolutely beautiful out that afternoon. I can only think of one way that ride could have been better: If everyone could have experienced it! (but without making a 1k bike train).

additionaly, in our group we had: martin (nhfarkles) and charlie (charliehoss)...

smthng: please pm me with your address so i can send you the cd of eom pics i collected while there...

dana

I spent most of the weekend riding with Heidi (Luvtoride) and a lot of time with Jeff and Laura, and William (mobetter4u). Others included Gordon, quicksilver and his pillion, and for a little bit, John's (grim reaper) group.
I have to say that the afternoon when we (myself, luvtoride, and Gordon) got separated from John's group was one of the best rides I've ever been on. It was a well paced, but safe, ride with two other riders who rode in a group very well. The roads were some of the best in the road, and it was absolutely beautiful out that afternoon. I can only think of one way that ride could have been better: If everyone could have experienced it! (but without making a 1k bike train).
I gotta' agree with Travis... this was definitely & without a doubt some of the absolute best riding I've ever experienced. I had so much fun!

I rode with most of the same individuals as Travis (slapnpop). The only additions that I will make is Jeff's screen name (It's ridgerunner) & Joe & Brenda Prentiss.

On my way home I had the pleasure of cruising with Jim (patent1), his daughter Tina & wife, Dottie, smthng & Gary... I don't know Gary's screen name.

Oh yes, I agree wit ya's. I think Sunday was probably the MOST fun I've EVER had riding on the road. SCHAWEET!

I rode with Pending and a bunch with ALFJR (aka Joe from New York..he he he). The other great guys never post. They choose to remain anonymous. But they said they sure had fun!

Thanks again, Smthng et al who put the EOM together. What a blast!

I was only able to make it up there Sunday coming in from Atlanta in the morning. Hooked up early with Lee, Gary(Toophast), and Mark Bottoms in the morning, rode solo a little, and then linked up with Brent and Angela(Quicksilver), Travis(Slapnpop), and Heidi(Luvtoride) in the afternoon. Outstanding riding!!! Will try to make it for the full 3-4 days next year!

Mark Bottoms, Lee and I (Gary aka Toophast) rode together most of the weekend with the aforementioned stint with "JR" on the Foothills and Dragon on Sunday. Whoooweeee!!!!! :clap: The trip home with those Luvtoride (Heidi) mentioned-thanks to you all for the fellowship and to Dottie for the h2o support kit. :D :drinks: Smthing and I went through Shady Valley and a whole bunch of roads (following his GPS-gotta get one of those) and I ended up getting home (Waynesboro, Virgina) around 0230 or so (18 hrs in the saddle-it was great). :friends: I learned so much at EOM from so many people, my riding skills increased exponentionally. The guy (sorry I can't remember your name) that told me about "Point your elbow toward where you want to go" Marks' advise on many riding techniques and all the other pointers I picked up along the way....THANKS TO YOU ALL. :fans: Smthing and I did some "deer hunting" on the back roads of VA in the middle of the night (thank Superior Being that I actually had practiced emergency stopping techniques like the books say to do, or I would have run up on Smthing as he (well, "we") did a beautiful 65 to 0 stop in about 25 feet (or so it seemed) to keep us from having to figure out how to cart home a couple of deer on our FJRs. :butcher: The whole EOM experience was the most fun I've had (with my clothes on) :censored: in a long long time. Can't wait for next year...

John (JR), wish we could have ridden together more, maybe next time we can ride a little faster and take fewer pictures. Anyway, it was good riding and great fellowship. Toophast and Lee, you guys are "Top Shelf".

Smthng, what can we say, you did a great job on the EOM Organization. Hope to get a chance to ride with you in the future.

Kevin Wilson, man every time I saw you, you were flying, can't wait to ride with you so I can learn how you do it.

We don't know how good we had it up in the mountains, when I hit I-30 in Ar., the Temp. went up to 100 and the road Temp was 150+.

I had to sit in the blazing sun for over an hour waiting for an accident to clear, man was it hot.

All you guys and gals were awesome to meet and I look forward to our next meeting.

Mark

First of all I have to say it was the best ride of my life,Me and Denise. We really enjoyed meeting and riding with so many great people

I can't say enough to thank Smthng for all the work he put into it.

Since Denise and I were the only two up in our group we had a blast trying to keep up with Smthng,David,Dana,Juan,Martin and Charliehoss.

Dana, hope your feeling better.

Talking about a group to ride with, well at the motel with us there was, ummm, forgot to count how many bikes were there for the picture. Did any one get a tally? Ended up riding with a lot of different folks for the weekend and talking to even more. Thanks every one for showing up and making it such a happening. Never ate alone as there were always people showing up at the restaurants and pulling up a chair. :drinks:

After zig zaging up the East Coast Charly Hoss and myself made it in safe and some what sound last night with a little over 3000 miles for the week. Had a great time riding with everyone and checking out the modifications to the bikes. Bumped into bike night out in Wilkes-Barre PA on the way up and we ended up chatting with another FJR owner there.

Wish I could have made it out this year. Sounds like a darn good time was had by all.

Next year...I will definitely be there to join the festivities!