What's the CA in model FJR1300 ES CA?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlowrey

Reaction score
Yep, California bike, got that part. My question is how is the CA designated bike different from ones sold in the other 49 states?

Thanks

-DEL

Gasoline vapor recovery system, ie. charcoal canister and associated plumbing.

Check out an on-line parts fiche for specific differences.

~G

Just to add, no functional differences other than the fact that you may have very rich running issues if you park in direct sunlight on a hot day. Operation returns to normal after 5 minutes or so as the gas vapor gets purged out of the canister.

" if you park in direct sunlight on a hot day"

Hmm..God bless California regulators. Somebody has to love them.

I live in Las Vegas where we occasionally experience a day matching that explanation. Is it just a matter of unplugging hoses and removing the charcoal cannister? ECM programming too?

" if you park in direct sunlight on a hot day"
Hmm..God bless California regulators. Somebody has to love them.

I live in Las Vegas where we occasionally experience a day matching that explanation. Is it just a matter of unplugging hoses and removing the charcoal cannister? ECM programming too?
Have a very close look at the on-line parts fiche for your bike. This shows the EXACT differences between versions. I had a California '07 Gen II and after a couple of instances of hard start/rough idle until purged, I elected to bypass the canister. I didn't remove it in case I wanted to restore the configuration. Seems to me that there is a connection that goes to the airbox - make sure it is plugged to prevent unfiltered air making it to the engine. The parts fiche is a big help.

In an area as hot as Vegas, I would remove the charcoal canister, save all the parts and plumb it like a 49 state bike.

~G

I had tossed my canister as well on my '06, after having the engine stumble pulling into an intersection because the charcoal canister was burping raw fuel into Cylinders 1 & 4. Happened on hot days with a full tank of gas, not ideal for it to happen in traffic.