What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my ride in this morning, first one in a month. Pulled in right before a huge thunderstorm flooded my yard again.

Sunny today and 40, dry roads, but with very high winds. I couldn't take it any longer, so I got the FJR out and fired it up. It hasn't been run since probably late October, with no battery tender, but she started right up! I added air to the tires (rear was down to 15lbs! Gotta look into that) and took it around town. Only did a quick lap around the town, but I had to get out there. Had that silly grin the whole time.
biggrin.png

Drove the cage from Pittsburgh to Savannah today. Beautiful sunny weather the whole way starting in the 40s and rising into the mid 60s south. Quite a few bikes on the road, mostly cruisers and HD touring. Wish I was riding, but this is what it is. Heading to Marathon Key tomorrow.

Beautiful weather here this weekend, high 50s to low 60s and sun. Most of the salt washed off the roads. And i have to wear a brace on my lower leg for the next three weeks and can't ride.

Crap!

It is raining in Seattle.

Of course that's a bit like saying, "George Washington was the first President of the United States."

MIssing the bike right now. Lots of bikes going up and down the highway here on Key Largo with temps in the mid-80s. The only thing missing is curves in the road, but there are plenty of those along the side of the road.

The New Hampshire winter that will not end:

Today: Hi 26 / Lo 9

Heat wave Tues Mar 4th, it'll scream all the way to 32!

Polar vortex: 3 for this Wednesday's lo.

The comforting grey blanket of the sky has been torn asunder exposing an unnatural blue within the shattered clouds.

Tis worse! A horrible, yellow, burning orb can be seen on the foul, blue backdrop.

The apocalypse is upon us!

Looks like we're FINALLY gonna' get some rain here in So Cal....suppossed to start raining this Thursday and rain all weekend...about time!
So that's where our clouds went.

The burning, yellow orb in the sky isn't so bad. You can keep the clouds as loooong as you like.

Back to -30 after a week of tropical feeling temps.
Bungie, Miss Donna and I feel your pain. Only 80F here on the beach in Rocky Point, Mexico at Sonoran Sky Resort, dropped down to 60F last night! Brrrrr!!

photo_3-3.jpg

Plus Steve-O, just like Sudbury with snow on the roads we had sand en El Camino! Dave and Sylvia "FastJoyRider" Hosers on the right on Chuy's FJR, eh!

photo_3-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woke up o -14F, Currently 0F

Wind Chill Advisory in effect:

FOR THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY...* TIMING...MID TO LATE AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TONIGHT.

* VISIBILITY...1 MILE OR LESS.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH.

* IMPACTS...AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW AND DRIFTING OVER ROADWAYS.

FOR THE WIND CHILL ADVISORY...

* WIND CHILL VALUES...25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO THIS MORNING.