What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 5C and raining cats and dogs, The bad news is that we now have monster puddles and flooding from the snow run off and any ice covered paths and driveways are slicker than anything you could name.

Good news, If this keeps up I could be riding this month, That would be the earliest ever for here in Ottawa.

Chris

72 and sunny. Hooray! I didn't ride today but I did put the top down at lunch.
Same here, Geek. But the snow melt is still making a mess. Patience is a virtue in which I’m not well endowed.
Supposed to be 60ish here tomorrow but there is still ice on my street and not enough rain to have washed the salt away. I expect the ice will be gone by the afternoon but still wet from melting snow and very salty. And then back down to single digits tomorrow night. I desperately want to get out for a scoot but won't unless the surfaces dry out (unlikely).

We hit a record high 78 degrees in Pittsburgh with sunny skies. I rode 2-wheels without a motor. That is an all-time record high for February.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an all-day BMR ride planned for Friday, and today through the end of the week is forecast with lows in the mid-20s and highs in the mid-40s (-7C to 8C). My destination is showing 37/65 (3C/17C) on Friday.

There's no rain or snow in the forecast, so the roads will be dry, but it definitely means I have to plug in the Warm-n-Safe. (And I'm glad I remounted the hand guards for the season, too!)

4 degrees right now. Thats right, 4 frikkin degrees. Supposed to be a high of 26 today. A week and a half ago it was 58 and sunny.

Fred sent me the typical warmer NH weather. Natives (non-tourists but the same as tourists) were out in droves down at the Old Port and waterfront. Bike said 66 at one point but wifey said her car registered around 80?

Hell, February? Yahoo. Riding everyday after that earlier snow. Sucks to be a cager today.

p.s. as a recap, I'm used to a January thaw in Maine with real riding starting late March +-, but I'll take this weather! Should be blizzards and other crappy weather in Maine, right?

30 degrees and raining in Fort Worth. Leaving tomorrow for 4 day ride to Big Bend at at least the temp will increase to 40 plus thunderstorms/rain but to hell with it, I'm riding.

It was a balmy -12 here on the high desert in Oregon. The weather bozo says 24-42 inches of snow in the mountains this weekend and I'm damn close to the mountains at 4300 ft. Sounds like tractor fun. Sure glad I wired the tractor for my Gerbings gear.

I planted veggies this afternoon. No joke. It got to about 84 and my soil was ready. I could get in trouble with a late frost, but in all honesty, I doubt it....

It sucks, really, really sucks. Barely projected to get out of the 20s for the next ten days. Thats nearly 20 degrees below average for this time of year. Our driveway is a sheet of ice for 1/10th of a mile. I spend my days in a darkened room with a bottle of whisky and a .357.

Finally thawing out in the PNW...local dealer had an open house to check out the new -wing and then took both bikes out for nice rides!

About damn time!

G

Snowed all day today. I plowed out the first load and there will be plenty more in the morning. The mountains here are still way short on snow pack so this is a good thing.