wheatonFJR's Inaugural Appalacian FJR Camping Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A member of the FJR RIDER'S forum (FUBAR) has offered to email FJR RIDER forum members some gpx files of some routes he has put together. If you are interested in viewing the routes, go to post 239 of the linked thread over there.

linky

A member of the FJR RIDER'S forum (FUBAR) has offered to email FJR RIDER forum members some gpx files of some routes he has put together. If you are interested in viewing the routes, go to post 239 of the linked thread over there.
linky
Hey!

If it fits at work I will try to make it down for the ride. I will be riding solo this time.

linky
Hey!

If it fits at work I will try to make it down for the ride. I will be riding solo this time.
It would be great if you can make it Bockelrider. However, without your lovely wife along, who's gonna tell ya which way to turn?

linky
Hey!

It would be great if you can make it Bockelrider. However, without your lovely wife along, who's gonna tell ya which way to turn?
I will probably be in deep trouble! As long as I keep going south I should be OK.

It will come as no big shock to anyone in our end of the country but I am getting a little tired of the snow. I keep going out in the garage and staring at the bike....I think winter should move on.

Wheaton,

What a great looking trip! Count me in with Tent in tow. As long as non FJR's are allowed, I also have 2 very good friends in the NC area that will also attend. They have visited this location before and would love to join. They wont be hard to find as one drives a BMW that sounds like a paint rattle can. All good. Please add us to this list if space allows. I look forward to meeting some more members in person!

Wheaton Dave

Wheaton,
What a great looking trip! Count me in with Tent in tow. As long as non FJR's are allowed, I also have 2 very good friends in the NC area that will also attend. They have visited this location before and would love to join. They wont be hard to find as one drives a BMW that sounds like a paint rattle can. All good. Please add us to this list if space allows. I look forward to meeting some more members in person!

Wheaton Dave

Dave, it will be great have you join in on the fun. While this is an FJR event, we will allow non-FJR owners to attend if:

You can vouch for them and their behaviour, and

They understand that they are the "designated beer barge" and must bring atleast a 12pack of premium beer to share with the FJR brethren.

With those caveats, they are free to join in on this FJR event. :D

Give me their names, and I will add them to the list.

Looking forward to it Mark. I will attend with a 100% on the BMW (old school rattle can) by the name of Brad R. The other rider Joe Mason is an old school (Old guy) also from NC that really knows the area having ridden for many many years but I already told you he was old. LOL. I vouch for both of these guys as non trouble makers but I may have to bend an arm to push the 12 pack entry fee. Old = cheap...... I'm sure they will fit right in. Thanks and look forward to another great journey!

Dave

Just came across this thread this weekend and count me in! I love this area and haven't been since 2 years ago. I love the laid back, casual concept and look forward to meeting some of the great sounding people on the forum.

Just came across this thread this weekend and count me in! I love this area and haven't been since 2 years ago. I love the laid back, casual concept and look forward to meeting some of the great sounding people on the forum.
Alright builderwill...yer on the list. :clapping:

GET YOUR CABIN FAST!!!!! :yahoo: Booked mine a few minutes ago, not many left. Talked to a very nice lady this morming and set me up in cabin #5....

Smitty

A major hiccup occured last night in my travel plans wrt this event. :(

My son, David/wheatonJR, let me know that his band has a concert on May 13, and that he will be performing a trumpet solo. The concert schedule was not posted in January when I made the announcement, and he has not played a solo piece before. My son is a senior in high school, and at this concert, they feature the seniors. He is a great at music, but never volunteers for solos, so this is one concert I will not miss.

I thought for awhile that I wasn't going to be able to attend my own meet, but I've thought through it...and I can still come, if a little bit late. But I won't be able to leave early. In fact, I will need to leave Friday morning, slab down there to get there Friday night. It looks like I will stay until Monday night and leave Tuesday morning to slab back to be at a work seminar on Wednesday. I hate interstate with a passion...but it looks like it is the only way to do this.

So unfortunately, I will not be able to do the trip I had planned. I will still be able to make it though. Since I will be late, you boys party on ahead without me, but behave. :clapping:

I will see you Friday night late after a long ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
A major hiccup occured last night in my travel plans wrt this event. :(
Snip

I will see you Friday night late after a long ride.
Good prioritization.

Whew, you had me thinking that you were either going to miss entirely or reschedule. Glad it's working out. I'll have to slab it most of the way down to get there in one day, so I don't have any sympathy for you on that. :p

OK Marcus I am totally in. Got a cabin and for sure will not be coming on my totaled FJR. Bike to be determined. Regardless, I spoke to Smitty and we will probably ride in together. I think that I will hang out in that area and take a Dual Sport class down in South Carolina a few days later.

See you in May.

Chester

Good for you Mark, I'm sure it is going to mean alot to your son to have you there. Try so stay out of the mosh pit while he is performing.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend so you can scratch me off the list. Michelle and I will be down at Camp Lejeune on May 15th presenting a custom made adaptive hand cycle to a parathlete in memory of my son Jordan.....Its a priority thing. I'll have to catch you the next time. The only up side to it is that it opens me up for the Chowda Ride the following weekend.

...Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend so you can scratch me off the list. Michelle and I will be down at Camp Lejeune on May 15th presenting a custom made adaptive hand cycle to a parathlete in memory of my son Jordan.....Its a priority thing. I'll have to catch you the next time....
Sorry to hear that Chris...but you warned me that that might be the case. Sometime this year we're gonna have to attend the same event. Maybe NAFO??

OK Marcus I am totally in. Got a cabin and for sure will not be coming on my totaled FJR. Bike to be determined. Regardless, I spoke to Smitty and we will probably ride in together. See you in May.

Chester
Chester, your FJR was totalled awhile ago, you didn't total another one did you? I thought you were riding a dual sport these days like you did to Labrador. It will be great to see you again.

Right now my main touring bike is the R1200 GSA. Got to admit, it covers the ground pretty well. Went to James Bay last summer with 3 crazy guys from here and of course the CFR with Petey.

After totaling the FJR I just wanted something different although I really did like the FJR and would not have gotten rid of it if not for the crash. After the wreck even Smitty, who was there, said that it wasn't worth saving.

I am looking at several bikes right now. Maybe a Concours or a KTM 990 Adventurer or if they come out with something new an FJR. So many bikes.

See you in a few months. This is going to be great.

Chester

It looks like we might have some company...https://www.ashevillebikefest.com/