Which custom seat???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]I did my first road trip today and quickly decided that a new seat will be my next addition to my 08' FJR. I am 6'-1" and 235 lb's. [/SIZE]The stock seat transfers all the thumps and bumbs right up into my tail bone :eek: The stock seat seems to be convex so that most of the support is on my tail bone....ouch

I have ordered a Corbin seat but I have second thoughts about how it will transfer the bumps.... I have looked at the Russell seats and they seen to look like they would suit a larger person.

I would like to have my weight evenly distributed over a wider area that the stock seat can provide and without the convex nature of the stock seat.

Please ring in with suggestions!

Thanks,

New FJR Owner,

Greg
I am similar dimensions to you. The Russell is by far the best seat I have ever had on a bike and I have tried a few. Here is a pic from my ride in appointment last June.

RussellTrip048.jpg
Even though I have never thought of a Russell seat as pretty, that is a very nice looking seat with the black cherry bike. You done good.

doctorj

Hey, if there is a sign up list for the Daylong saddles, please put my name on it!!! Definitely doing the seat upgrade next...

+1 on the Russell.

The group buy usually spins up around october or november with something like a december start date. Keep your eyes peeled for a thread that will post with more info when the time comes.