White Pine Fever

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... could anyone give a hint of how far someone would have to ride in 24 hours to set a new record?
Just look at some of the faces of the other riders who just did 1,800 miles as they find out how many Skooter did! :D :D

Here's an excellent shot taken moments after SkooterG pulled into the Finish Line from his epic ride:

marbachreturns.jpg

1) George Zelenz (beeroux) puffing away on his victory cigar.

2) Matt Watkins (Ignacio)

3) "GateKeeper" H Marc Lewis, recording the final odometer reading.

4) "The Man"....... SkooterG: the top Mileage Hound at White Pine Fever!

5) Tobie Stevens, who's pointing out the decapitated bird head on the windscreen.

6) Bill Weyher, a season veteran of Nevada-based Endurance events.

7) "GateKeeper" Chuck Hickey (chicky191) cross-checking the odometer readings

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of you guys run w/o a fuel cell?
To my knowledge, the sole FJR that did not have an aux fuel cell was the Lisa Steven's relatively new 2006 FJR.
I was hauling 4 gallons in my jaz cell that I had re-fit from my R1150RT. Only thing I'm missing now is light brackets to mount my PHID's on!

Thanks WC for a great excuse for a ride in the desert.

L

Does one tend to get drowsy about 4 am when maintaing 84 mph average speeds? I mean, more or less than while doing about 75?
I had the advantage of riding with my husband. Once, about 3:00 am I was getting a big loopy and we just kicked on the bike-to-bike radios and chatted for a bit. I turned on the rockin' tunes iPod and got a second wind.

Any of you guys run w/o a fuel cell?
To my knowledge, the sole FJR that did not have an aux fuel cell was the Lisa Steven's relatively new 2006 FJR.
I was hauling 4 gallons in my jaz cell that I had re-fit from my R1150RT. Only thing I'm missing now is light brackets to mount my PHID's on!

Thanks WC for a great excuse for a ride in the desert.
IIRC Doug Banfelder's FJR did not have a fuel cell.