Who for Suspension?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 fork cartridge and Penske rear shock installed in my bike two years ago when I had about 23,000 miles on my 09 and it was absolutely worth the $ for the upgrade. No more problems with carrying two people or pushing it in the twisties. The bike handles like a dream now.

Look for a tech day in your area and inquire about doing the change with like minded guys you may learn about your bike at the same time.

Anybody out there who did the job and has some of the original compression valves laying around... broke one on my 2006. Would be glad to buy one off someone. Yamaha sells the whole cartridge!!!

Anybody out there who did the job and has some of the original compression valves laying around... broke one on my 2006. Would be glad to buy one off someone. Yamaha sells the whole cartridge!!!
Contact GP, they may have some stock cartridges laying around to sell if the customer didn't want them back

The internals from gen1 and gen2 interchange. I just swapped 06 and 04 parts. Should expand you search a bit.

I installed GP Suspension valves/shims & springs and a Ohlins shock. Both were easy jobs and transformed my '13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I took the gp internals out of an 06 and installed them in my 04. Put the stock parts in the 06 and it all works fine .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts