Who uses a Mac?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a mac or whatever is in front of me at the time. I though just using a mac meant you were in the cult. Fairlaner and Shawn King are also mac guys too. Ooops I outed them.

Mac as main computer at home, PCs everywhere else. I'm about to pull the trigger on a little netbook (windows XP) for Garmin mapping since Garmin seems to hate Mac and has much catching up to do.

Is there enough stuff to have a group/cult? I like the Mac because it seems very thoughtless.

An iMac, an iBook and a Mini in the family. The only PC in the house has Ubuntu on it which actually makes it usable. We've been Windows free for several years.

IMAC here. :yahoo:

A windows machine in the back room, runs xp and ubuntu. Never seem to use it these days.

DB

In my house there is an iMac, a Macbook, an AppleTV, 2x iPhones, an iPod Touch, iPod Video 30GB, 2x iPod shuffles...

I guess I'm a "Mac"... :rolleyes:

I will admit that I have Vista installed via bootcamp on the Macbook however - but it's only for the PowerCommander software to run my PCIII on my FJR...

I use a mac or whatever is in front of me at the time. I though just using a mac meant you were in the cult. Fairlaner and Shawn King are also mac guys too. Ooops I outed them.
Bastard!

:)

Yeah - I use a Macintosh but I'm not a member of The Cult. I do an online radio show about Macs called Your Mac Life. But, as we describe it, "It's a show about and for Mac users who aren't damn fools about it". :)

A lot of people I knew switched to mac oh...3-4 years ago. Most of them were 'geeks' of one sort or another (programmers, etc) and when Bootcamp came out, they were all ecstatic!

Now, most of them are using Ubuntu or various other distro's of Linux, in fact most of them have gone to a netbook & server (a netbook, and then a desktop machine for file/media storage) sort of lifestyle.

Netbooks seem to be the cool, trendy thing now, macs less so now that so many non-trendy people have them. As someone said, 'No one gets a mac anymore, too many people have em."

iMac for everything except programming the PCIII. DynoJet should look into making their software for Macs too!

Primary machine at home is a PowerBook 667. (Toughbook CF29 for the road)

Buncha PCs and Sun boxes at work.

Geek spoken here. ;)

Mac as main computer at home, PCs everywhere else. I'm about to pull the trigger on a little netbook (windows XP) for Garmin mapping since Garmin seems to hate Mac and has much catching up to do.Is there enough stuff to have a group/cult? I like the Mac because it seems very thoughtless.
Several of both, but Mac's have an edge in frequency of use and how current they are in our house.

What can't you do Garmin wise on a Mac? - I think the Mac side of Garmin is far superior to their lame ass windows attempts at forcing alpha/beta software on their customers.

I prefer Roadtrip over mapsource anyday...

I bought a new MacBook this spring, And LOVE it.

I am still in bondage to windows though for one freakin' program that i MUST have, That the company refuses to make a Mac version. <_<

Good thing for VMWare!

I find RoadTrip has trouble with a lot of the GPX's I use if created on a Windows Box. The RoadTrip software adds filename.gpx.xml removing the .xml extension does not help. They work fine in Mapsource on a Windows box.

I use a Macbook and have used Mac's and Windows since they came out. However I worked for Apple through release 6.05 of the Mac OS and then Scully came in and ruined it all. Jobs came back with the NeXt OS that was ported over and fixed it. I find Macs easier to use, but I work mostly on Windows stuff as corporate America picked it as the Desktop OS. When I travel I have a Netbook with XP on it. So I use pretty much whatever OS runs the right app's and right now I like the Mac's the best.