Who's driven an M109R?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sno Cat

Reaction score
Sold my '05 Feej last year, reorg'd my finances & looking to get back in the saddle.

Scoped a deal on an '09 leftover (very tempting @ $12K) but.....also tempted by the M109R. I ride 50/50 touring/cruising.

After a long day or two of riding, how's the comfort? Is it easy or tough on the lower back?

Does it corner better than a HD Nightster (the only other cruiser I have to compare it to).

Thanks.

Sold my '05 Feej last year, reorg'd my finances & looking to get back in the saddle.Scoped a deal on an '09 leftover (very tempting @ $12K) but.....also tempted by the M109R. I ride 50/50 touring/cruising.

After a long day or two of riding, how's the comfort? Is it easy or tough on the lower back?

Does it corner better than a HD Nightster (the only other cruiser I have to compare it to).

Thanks.
You're asking comfort differences between an 05 and an 09?

Ya got any nekkid pics of yur girlfriend?

What the hell's goin' on?

I'm begin'n ta think mom and dad are out a town...

??

Let me clarify for you.

I am asking about the comfort & cornering on an M109R. Is this clear enough for you?

My son has an M109R, I rode it briefly. Mongo power, horrible riding position. I had to reach for the bars and for the foot controls, which bowed my back something fierce. Hated it. Did not spend a lot of time on it, and never even took it off post. (He was living on Ft. Belvoire at the time.) Rode it to try it, and to add Virginia to my ghey states ridden sig map.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have an M90, which isn't as stretched out as the M109R, and even the 90 was too much.

For long distance, stick with the FJR.

oh, and it doesn't have much cornering clearance either. I was dragging footpegs all the damn time.

Let me clarify for you.I am asking about the comfort & cornering on an M109R. Is this clear enough for you?
Comfort and Cornering?

You'll get little of each.

The posture is classic cruiser, arms out, pelvis forward, hunched over. It looks like a recipe for lower back pain if you ask me.

If you are looking to burn through fuel and refuel every 120 miles, or stop even more frequently to relieve your lower back and get no joy in the twisties... the M109 is the bike for you.

We have had a couple of 109's in for service lately. We do have on that has some issues with the tranny but I do not think it is a systemic problem. I think too heavy of a foot and too little clutch. The limited time I have been on one, I came away with these impressions:

The engine for a HUGE twin is really pretty smooth.

Lots of power and right now.

Controls are so far forward, I felt like I was on my 'tip toes' riding the bike and I got the feeling that my feet would slip off at any time.My inseam is 31-32.

I just don't think cruisers are very comfortable and this one was typical. Arms forward and a little too spread apart for me. Maybe with different bars....?

Instruments are a joke--hard to see in the light. At night probably a different story.

Even for a second, or third, or fourth bike, the 109 wouldn't be it for me.

we never got the r version here in canada; i hear they are faster?

883583971_xgNXH-L.jpg