"Wild Bill" Highway Pegs Review for '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark G

Reaction score
NOTE: THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE ONLY. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY GREATLY. THIS IS NOT A DIATRIBE. IT IS A REPORT OF MY EXPERIENCE ONLY.

I installed a set of these highway pegs last Saturday night, and Sunday did a couple hundred miles.

The installation went smoothly enough, very intuitive and simple, once I figured out how to get the fairing bits loose on the right side.

I'm 5'11, with about a 31" inseam.

I have to report that the pegs do not work for me. The bulge in the fairing where the adjustable wings are is wide enough (in the closed position) to keep me from being able to get my feet completely onto the pegs. I have to hold my foot in place, with the outer half of my boot sole hanging off...and even so, the fairing is pressing against my thigh.

Today I tried putting my feet onto the pegs from "under" the fairing bulge, but had to hold my feet in place, with just the balls of my feet touching...gave up after just half a minute, as it was uncomfortable.

I thought about a longer bolt, but both the maker and I think it might create a dragging hazard. Not so much a safety issue as what might happen to the small allen bolts and engine covers...$$$$?

Terry is very nice, the product is well made, but it just doesn't fit me and my bike...or is it my bike and me?

It is the same on my '05. Fortunately my boots' soles have a recess in the middle that fits perfectly onto the raised ends of Bill's stock pegs. If that doesn't work for you then you need to swap the actual folding pegs for longer ones (available, well, everywhere).

Yes, if you purchase some offset from Karyaken(mis spelled)

and then just get some good pegs, no worries

Hello,

You should try this before selling,

If you search I am sure you will find the thread where I along with others provided options to make it work.

here is a picture, offsets and better pegs, it works, before my feet would slide off too.

HIGHWAYPEGPLUSSLIDER.jpg

+1 I have a 30" inseam and have problems with the 06 and the pegs. I was thinking of extending the pegs but worried what would happen if the pegs dragged.

+1 I have a 30" inseam and have problems with the 06 and the pegs. I was thinking of extending the pegs but worried what would happen if the pegs dragged.

Mine dragged a few times, make sure they are adjusted/angled for the drag fold up.

also sometimes I just fold them in the twistes

PerfectBlueride do you have part numbers for the offsets and pegs? I'd like to try the same setup.

7996-metric.jpg

PerfectBlueride do you have part numbers for the offsets and pegs? I'd like to try the same setup.

offset i used #7996, pegs just picked them up at a local HD shop, then drilled out the hole for the existing peg.

www.kuryakyn.com

Last edited by a moderator:
MarkG,

I extended my pegs out 3/4" with a longer bolt and then added a piece of aluminum the same ID as the OD of the bolt to provide add'l support. I just fold them up for the twisties and have never scraped them. And the chicken strips on my rear tire are 1/4" wide so I use all the tire.